Monday, August 6, 2018

Looking For A Great Book To Discuss?


Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is books I'd mash together that would make an epic story. I'm going to be a rebel and give you ten books that would be perfect reads for a book club.








 This book deals with gossip, small towns, expectations, and judgement. You can read my review here.

Heart transplant, travel, and sister angst makes up the drama in this book. You can read my review here.

A broken man in need of a Savior like the Prodigal Son from the Bible is the main focus of this book. Full of light vs. darkness.
You can read my review here.


An artistic angle, with hurting characters, and secrets. You can read my review here.









Fear, racial tension, assumptions, and an honest look at humanness. You can read my review here.
 Adultery, abandonment, faith, grace, and healing are the themes within this very heart wrenching story. You can read my review here.

A deaf and mute character, alcoholism, healing, mercy and love come alive on Blackbird Mountain. You can read my review here.

Street drugs, infant death, hopelessness, and the need for redemption are in this emotional read. You can read my review here.

















Letting go, and moving on from the past. Learning that hanging onto unforgiveness is as deadly as drinking poison. Small town charm is the setting for this book. You can read my full review here.

Sister angst, illness, tragedy, family dynamics, forgiveness of not only others but yourself are the themes of this highly emotional book. You can read my review here.




















Each of these books will spark great conversations. They will also stretch you in your faith and as a person. One of the wonderful things about inspirational fiction is not only the great writing but the spiritual thread that is woven throughout the book causing God to minister to your soul.
I hope you've found a new book club read.

What book(s) would you recommend for book club discussions? Let me know in the comments.



3 comments:

MeezCarrie said...

oooo excellent choices!! Any of these would make fabulous book club choices

Andi said...

Thanks! I’d love to discuss these in a book club.

Chautona said...

Thanks for including Not a Word. There are some great books on this list... and a few I don't know, so new ones on my reading list, too!

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...