Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I'd Give a Theme Song To


Today's topic is books I might have decided to not finish too early. Since I rarely do not finish a book I am rebelling and choosing a topic from The Broke and Bookish who originally started Top Ten Tuesday.

As you see the songs I've chosen you will definitely see where my taste in music lies. Not all of these songs have a lot to do with the book itself, it's just the first song I thought of. They also don't reflect the author or their work.

My book theme song, High Cotton by Alabama.















My book theme song, Bridge Over Troubled Waters by Bon Jovi















Of course none other than Renegade by Styx.















I am The Warrior by Scandal is the first song that popped in mind.














Just Another Day in Paradise by Phil Vassar
















Straight from the Heart by Bryan Adams















None other than Saturday Night by the Bay City Rollers















Can't Help Falling in Love With You by none other than Elvis Presley.














This song made me giggle a bit. I love White Christmas and this song is perfect!














I haven't read this book yet, but on the back cover it mentions a "Watermelon Queen" which meant the only song appropriate is Watermelon Crawl by Tracy Byrd.














What books would you give theme songs to? And what would the theme song be? Let me know in the comments.




4 comments:

MeezCarrie said...

haha! i love this! what a fun grouping of songs and books :D

Beth K. Vogt said...

This is one of the most creative posts about books! Thanks so much for including Things I Never Told You. FACT: My two oldest daughters used to recreate the "sisters" scene from White Christmas so often that I finally gave them fans and boas to wear while performing!

Southern Home Express said...

What a fun post! I think the Alabama song fits perfectly! Thank you for including High Cotton.

Andi said...

Thanks! I’m glad you like my song choice! It was a terrifically fun post to do. Brought back a lot of fun memories of the songs.

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...