Saturday, December 20, 2008

FAITH AND FICTION SATURDAYS

Each week Amy posts a question and we answer it. This weeks question is:

So today's topic, to wrap up the year...what are your favorite Christian fiction books that you read this year?

Here are my top reads for 2008 are:

A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman - This book was full of passion, action, and purity. I love how Julie pulls everything together for God's glory.
A Passion Redeemed by Julie Lessman - Book 2 of the Daughter's of Boston series. Again Julie took the passion that was geared in the wrong direction and once again Julie takes the passion and turns it toward God.
The Healing Stones by Nancy Rue & Stephen Arterburn - This book was just a beautiful book of redemption and forgiveness.
My Soul To Keep by Melanie Wells - Wow! This book had a lot of supernatural activity and was one that kept me up late at night to finish it!
In The Shadow Of The Lions by Ginger Garrett - Anyone who is a fan of historical fiction will love this one. I am and really enjoyed the way this was written. It had a fresh take on an old story that we all have heard before of Queen Elizabeth.
The Hunted by Mike Dellosso - All I can say about this book is - don't read it at night. No! Just kidding! This was an awesome suspense thriller, and I absolutely loved it! Kept me up til 3am to finish it!
It's Not About Me by Michelle Sutton - I've said before and I'll say it again - I'm not fit to say anything about this book. Michelle writes what is so needed for today's generation. She hits every nail right on the head in this book. I loved it from the beginning and couldn't finish it fast enough.

Honorable mentions would be - Quills and Promises, Dark Pursuit, Washington's Lady, The Painted Dresses, The Making of Isaac Hunt, House of Wolves, Isolation.

I have to say a big THANK YOU! To all the authors who have made my reading this year fun, inspiring, and a wonderful experience. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Aw, cool! I made your list! Thank you!

Pam said...

I enjoyed In THe Shadow of Lions. Michelle Sutton is on my list also.

Nise' said...

Great list of favorites! You were brave to read My Soul to Keep at night! I could not read any of the series at night!

Amy said...

Julie's books are on a lot of our lists...:) I hope she sees....great picks!

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...