Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner



About the book:

Title: Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
Author: Bethany Turner
Publisher: Revell

Celebrity chef Maxwell Cavanaugh is known for many things: his multiple Michelin stars, his top-rated Culinary Channel show To the Max, and most of all his horrible temper. Hadley Beckett, host of the Culinary Channel's other top-rated show, At Home with Hadley, is beloved for her Southern charm and for making her viewers feel like family.

When Max experiences a very public temper tantrum, he's sent packing to get his life in order. When he returns, career in shambles, his only chance to get back on TV and in the public's good graces is to work alongside Hadley.

As these polar-opposite celeb chefs begin to peel away the layers of public persona and reputation, they will not only discover the key ingredients for getting along, but also learn the secret recipe for unexpected forgiveness . . . and maybe even love. In the meantime, hide the knives.

Fan-favorite Bethany Turner serves up a heaping helping of humor and romance with this thoroughly modern story centered on cooking, enemies, and second chances.


You can purchase a copy HERE


About Bethany Turner:


Bethany was born in the 1970's (but just barely!) and was influenced greatly by the pop culture of the 1980's. She is the wife of an amazing guy she met online in the 1990's, the mother of two amazing sons, and the creator of a fictional character named Sarah Hollenbeck, who introduced herself to her in the 2010's.
In 2014 she walked away from her career in bank management, and that meant walking away from security, and not just financial security (though that was no small concern, I assure you!).
Since then, God has taken her life and turned it into a living representation of His promise which is found in Ephesians 3:20. He truly is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine!

You can connect with Bethany on these social media platforms. 

Website || Facebook || Instagram || Twitter     


My Thoughts

I met Bethany Turner a year ago and I immediately knew I needed to read her books.

In Hadley Beckett's Next Dish, I found myself laughing out loud, trying to giggle quietly while my husband slept, and thinking about new recipes I wanted to try in my kitchen.

In Bethany Turner style the book is filled with witty banter, a spunky heroine, romantic chemistry - and some not so romantic chemistry. An absolute fabulous array for a contemporary romance!

Redeemable characters are a favorite of mine and especially hero's. I literally could not stand Max at the beginning yet Bethany Turner made me love him at the end. I love when an author makes a character so unlikable and redeems them throughout the story.

Highly recommended!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book via the publisher. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


  


No comments:

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...