Thursday, February 27, 2020

Thursday Encouragement #11



Happy Thursday!! Just one more day and welcome weekend!! I've joined a few blogging friends to bring you a little encouragement as you head into your weekend. I hope you've been having a great week!

I have a little treat for you. The video I am going to post is of my daughter, Kassandra, speaking about identity. 




As I listened to her talk about identity I started to think about the labels that I identify with. 

  • Daughter
  • Sister
  • Friend
  • Mother
  • Grandma 
  • Wife
  • Blogger
  • Book Reviewer
  • Epilepsy
  • Aspiring Author
Those are just a few that came to mind. While these are titles or identities that the world created they're not bad, as believers our identity is supposed to be found and rooted in Christ.

Genesis 1:27 “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.”

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” 

John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”

Romans 6:6  For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin.”

Each of these verses point to our identity being in Christ. 

2 Corinthians 6:18 "And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.


Because He calls us His son and daughter, His identity should be the first identity we claim before any other. He wants us to claim His name! He created us in His image and He blessed us after He did. 

After listening to my daughter's video, because sadly I wasn't there on Sunday, I've been thinking about why it is so easy for me to take a world label, identity and not take the one the Father gave me. He calls me His daughter. He created me in His image, not in my parent's image, even though I have both Italian and French traits. I know it is going to take time to recondition my brain to claim the identity of a Daughter of God, created in His image, His handiwork.

I'm going to claim it right now! I, Andi, am a Daughter of God, created in His image, His handiwork, made for His purpose.

Now, it's your turn . . . what do you think? What have you been reading in the Bible lately? Let me know in the comments. Then you can visit my friends and see their encouragement posts.

Trisha @ Joy of Reading

Nicole @ Christian Fiction Girl 

Jacquelyn @ Heavenly Home 

Jessica @ A Baker's Perspective

Becca @ The Becca Files


Gina @ Stories by Gina 

Rebecca @ Rev. Rebecca Writes 







5 comments:

Trisha said...

Thank you, Andi, for sharing your Daughter's testimony!! I needed to hear this! My little brother is on the path that your daughter was on. I've struggled with what to say to him. I know that only God can change his path. And I do still love and pray for my brother daily. But I don't know if I've told him that.

Andi said...

You’re welcome, Trisha! It’s hard to know what to say. You have the tendency to point out what the Bible says which does nothing but put divisions. I know when I started asking questions and getting to know their partner and reminding them of how much I love them did our relationship begin to change. Tell him you love him. He needs to hear it daily. Prayers for you both! ❤️

Nicole Santana said...

I love your post today. Thank you for sharing your daughter's testimony. What a strong woman! You are right. It is easy to take on the world's labels before God's. I am a child of GOD first and foremost.

Andi said...

Thank you, Nicole! She’s pretty amazing! I’ve had the privilege of watching God take a very angry young lady and turn her heart to Him.
I’ve had lot’s of proud mama moments but this is probably one of my proudest moment. I don’t think we do it intentionally we just get busy and when someone asks us like Kassi said we give the typical answer. What would happen if we said ‘My name is Andi and I’m a daughter of the most High King.’ I see utter confused faces. Yet, that is exactly who we are if Christ is our King!!

Unknown said...

Did you realize there's a 12 word phrase you can tell your man... that will trigger deep feelings of love and instinctual attraction for you deep within his chest?

That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, cherish and guard you with all his heart...

12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Impulse

This impulse is so built-in to a man's genetics that it will make him work better than before to take care of you.

Matter of fact, triggering this powerful impulse is so mandatory to getting the best possible relationship with your man that the moment you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

...You will immediately find him open his heart and soul for you in a way he haven't expressed before and he'll see you as the one and only woman in the universe who has ever truly tempted him.

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...