Friday, August 23, 2019

First Line Friday Featuring: Diamond in the Rough by Jen Turano



Happy Fri - YAY!! College football starts tomorrow!!! Let's Go Gators!!!  Even though it's still like summer here in Idaho college football means I am officially unavailable on the weekends!!



Welcome to another edition of First line Friday, hosted by Hoarding Books. So, pick up the book closest to you and leave a comment with the first line. Today's first line is from Jen Turano's upcoming release Diamond in the Rough, American Heiresses 2.




Today's first line:

New York City

November 1885

Any smidgen of hope that her entrance into New York high society would be deemed a rousing success died the moment Miss Poppy Garrison's tiara became firmly attached to the sleeve of her dance partner.


ABOUT THE BOOK:


As part of a bargain with her grandmother, Poppy Garrison accepts an unusual proposition to participate in the New York social season. Forced to travel to America to help his cousin find an heiress to wed, bachelor Reginald Blackburn is asked to give Poppy etiquette lessons, and he swiftly discovers he may be in for much more than he bargained for.


The book releases on September 3 so PRE-ORDER NOW!!!!

You can visit Jen Turano at her website, Facebook, and Twitter.


Once you leave your first line in the comments head over to Hoarding Books and read their first line and see other first lines. 




 

5 comments:

Paula Shreckhise said...

This book Diamond in the Rough will be soon on my list.

My first line is from Finding Lady Enderly:
I do not wish for all my dreams to come true. After all, nightmares are one type of dream. -Diary of a Substitute Countess
Spitalfields, London’s East End, 1871
For one blessed moment, I was beautiful.

collettakay said...

I love Jen Turano! I'd love for you to stop by and consider joining the Fall Into Reading Challenge:

https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/08/first-lines-friday-and-56-82319.html

Colletta

Anneliese Dalaba said...

This one definitely sounds interesting. Love Jen Turano's books. On my blog, I'm featuring The Trail Boss's Bride by Erica Vetsch. Since it's my current read, I'll share the first line from Chapter 9. "Kitty had never seen so much rain." I hope you will have a wonderful weekend.

thebeccafiles said...

Happy Friday!
Today on my blog I shared the first line from King's Shadow by Angela Hunt but it's also my current read so I'll share the first line from chapter 23 here: "Anyone who studied Herod in the days following Aristobulus's death would not doubt his deep and sincere grief." Happy reading!

Rachel @ In Between Book Pages said...

Happy Friday!

On my blog, I shared the first couple of lines of a book I recently finished - The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang. Here, though, I'll be sharing the first lines of one of the books I'm currently reading - Wild Savage Stars by Kristina Perez.

"The waves mocked her.

Discordant laughter swelled in Branwen's mind and twisted her heart. She couldn't remain on the ship one moment longer. Her skin itched."

Wild Savage Stars is the sequel to Kristina Perez's Sweet Black Waves, which is a Tristan & Eseult retelling. I'm enjoying it so far and I hope you liked the first few lines I shared.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...