Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Moments We Forget (Thatcher Sisters, #2) by Beth K. Vogt Reviewed




About the book:
Title: Moments We Forget (Thatcher Sisters, #2)
Author: Beth K. Vogt
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
Release Date: May 7, 2019

Jillian Thatcher has spent most of her life playing the family peacemaker, caught in the middle between her driven, talented older sister and her younger, spotlight-stealing twin sisters. Then on the night of her engagement party, a cancer diagnosis threatens to once again steal her chance to shine.
Now, Jillian's on the road to recovery after finally finishing chemo and radiation, but residual effects of the treatment keep her from reclaiming her life as she'd hoped. And just when her dreams might be falling into place, a life-altering revelation from her husband sends her reeling again.
Will Jillian ever achieve her own dreams, or will she always be "just Jillian," the less-than Thatcher sister? Can she count on her sisters as she tries to step into a stronger place, or are they stuck in their childhood roles forever?

You can purchase a copy HERE



About Beth K. Vogt


God’s best is often found behind the doors marked “Never.”
So many times I approached life with with a virtual roll of yellow duct tape emblazoned with the word NEVER. Over and over again I sealed off certain opportunities.
I would never marry a doctor or anyone in the military.
I would never have children.
I would never write fiction.
And don’t you know God stripped off the duct tape and walked me through each of those NEVER doors?
Have you ever marked a door NEVER … only to discover his best waited where you said you’d never go?
Following God through that door doesn’t mean we’re on “easy street,”‘even though we’re where he wants us to be.




My Thoughts:

Like the first book in the series, Things I Never Told You, this book grabbed at my heart. My heart broke and in Ms. Vogt's unique way was put back together again.

Families are complicated and there is no other more complicated relationship than that of siblings. It's raw, real, and can change in a matter of minutes. I didn't grow up with sisters, I had a younger brother, and our relationship is complicated. I did, however raise three girls and I have a front row seat to how complicated and intricate these relationships are.

The push and pull of disappointments, struggles, and emotional baggage individually and with each of the sister's is real, raw, and palpable. Several times while reading I wanted to reach through the pages and smack them all. Which is what good fiction does to a reader. Making you care about each of the characters and the turmoil of a situation they are in.

I enjoyed every part of this book even the parts that made me crazy. I have fallen in love with Johanna, Jillian and Peyton and their stories both individually and collectively. I also walked away from this story with hope. Hope that even in our struggles, disappointments, and pain God sees all of it and He's right there with us. Something we all need not forget.

After reading book one in the series, Things I Never Told You, I was completely invested. I am now anxious for Johanna's story.

Contemporary Women's Fiction is a genre that is known for it's emotional, relational ties and Ms. Vogt is making a name for herself within this genre. And I for one am anxious to see where her writing goes from here.













Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book via the publisher in association with Beth Vogt's street team. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...