Monday, December 11, 2023

The Juliet Code (Fredrick and Grace Mystery #3) by Pepper Basham Reviewed

 



About the book

Title: The Juliet Code

Author: Pepper Basham

Series: Freddie and Grace Mystery #3

Genre: Christian Historical Romantic Mystery Fiction

Newlyweds Lord and Lady Astley Finally Reach Their Honeymoon Destination Only to Encounter a New Mystery in Need of Solving

 
Frederick and Grace Percy finally make it to Italy to enjoy a delayed honeymoon and explore the beauties of the historic city of Venice. To their surprise, their friend, Detective Jack Miracle, is also in the city, investigating a series of art heists starting at the house of eccentric millionaire, Laraby Covington. Drawn into a world of boat races, mysterious houses, and parties of the rich and unusual in Venice, Frederick and Grace learn of the existence of the Juliet paintings, (Renaissance paintings feature Shakespeare’s tragic heroine) rumored to hold a secret code to an underground vault of similarly treasured artwork assumed lost over the centuries. As Freddie and Grace are pulled deeper into the mystery and their beloved Detective Jack disappears, can they use their wits and work as a team to find the thieves and Jack before it’s too late. 
 
The Juliet Code is a Freddie and Grace Mystery, sequel to The Mistletoe Countess and The Cairo Curse.


My Thoughts

Swoonalishic!!! I know that is not a "real" word but that is what this book is. I have loved Freddie and Grace since The Mistletoe Countess; this book was no different. Pepper Basham not only transports her readers to Italy she transports this reader back in time. I felt like I was reading an Agatha Christie novel with loads of romantic swoon!

My favorite quotes . . .

"It's incredibly dashing when you speak sleuth."

"I think you're beautiful, and you're incredibly dangerous to my heart."

Freddie and Grace are two of my favorite bookish couples, and I will happily follow them on their next adventure!! Please, Pepper!!! 

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book via the publisher. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.




About Pepper Basham




I love a good romance, whether it’s set in an Edwardian era manor house or a small town in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Readers enjoy my fun, dramatic, heart-warming, and inspirational novels with the certainty of a happily-ever-after.

Though some of my contemporaries have a Britallachian twist, others are Mayberry-esque, while others bring about the elegance and struggles of the Downton Abbey era. If any of these story ideas sound good to you, take some time to peruse my cyber corner of the world. “Sit a spell” as we’d say in my neck of the woods and let me ‘spin you a yarn’ filled with a few of my favorite things.

You can find Pepper on the following social media sites. Website || Facebook || Instagram || Twitter 




No comments:

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...