Monday, December 4, 2023

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF DEBACLE

 

I want to spit nails at this playoff debacle and have nowhere to spit them! I have been watching football since I was a toddler. Monday Night Football was a staple as I grew up. In the 80's when we moved to Florida with four major college football teams, if my memory is correct, college football season became nearly as important as NFL if not more so. I am a die-hard University of Florida, Gator fan. When my hopes of attending the Naval Academy were dashed, I wanted to attend the University of Florida. 

Here is my major issue with this playoff ranking. First, Michigan cheated most if not all of the season. Jim Harbaugh was removed from six of their thirteen games due to violating the Big Ten in-person scouting operation, because of that Michigan should NOT be in the rankings. 

Secondly, Washington's strength of schedule is nowhere NEAR the strength of Bama and FSU! I know, I live here in the Pacific Northwest and Boise State University has played Washington and BSU is a cupcake team. So, they need to be removed. I have no idea why Texas is even in the rankings other than they will be part of the SEC next season, along with Oklahoma which makes no sense. Bama beat the number one team, Georgia on Saturday, so they should be ranked number one. When you beat the number one team in a championship game you earn the rank of number one. FSU won their championship game with a 13-0 record for the season. I'd stop there but since they've created a four-team playoff two more teams need to be added. With Georgia being the number-one team the entire season until losing to Bama on Saturday they should be number two with FSU number three placing Texas number four, I guess, since I don't get why they're there in the first place. 

Let me add that as a GATOR fan, I am not an FSU, Bama, or Georgia fan...but when you win the games you deserve the ranking. Also, the committee is basing its decision to not include FSU because their quarterback broke his leg during a game. GIVE ME A BREAK! Pun intended! The last time I checked it takes twenty-two players, eleven on defense and eleven on offense, to win a game; not just one player. 

The true ranking should be . . .

1. Alabama

2. Georgia

3. Florida State

4. Texas ??????

My husband has always said that when it comes down to the end-of-the-season rankings and the college playoffs it's all about money. This year's rankings have definitely shown that.





No comments:

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...