Wednesday, September 29, 2021

The Mistletoe Countess by Pepper Basham - Reviewed

 




About the book

Title: The Mistletoe Countess

Author: Pepper Basham

Will the magic of Christmas bring these two newlyweds closer together, or will the ghosts of the past lead them into a destructive discovery from which not even a Dickens’s Christmas can save them?

Mistletoe is beautiful and dangerous, much like the woman from Lord Frederick’s Percy’s past, so when he turns over a new leaf and arranges to marry for his estate, instead of his heart, he never expects the wrong bride to be the right choice. Gracelynn Ferguson never expected to take her elder sister’s place as a Christmas bride, but when she’s thrust into the choice, she will trust in her faithful novels and overactive imagination to help her not only win Frederick’s heart but also to solve the murder mystery of Havensbrook Hall before the ghosts from Frederick’s past ruin her fairytale future. 

Purchase a copy HERE!


About Pepper Basham





I love a good romance, whether it’s set in an Edwardian era manor house or a small town in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Readers enjoy my fun, dramatic, heart-warming, and inspirational novels with the certainty of a happily-ever-after.

Though some of my contemporaries have a Britallachian twist, others are Mayberry-esque, while others bring about the elegance and struggles of the Downton Abbey era. If any of these story ideas sound good to you, take some time to peruse my cyber corner of the world. “Sit a spell” as we’d say in my neck of the woods and let me ‘spin you a yarn’ filled with a few of my favorite things.

You can find Pepper on the following social media sites. Website || Facebook || Instagram || Twitter 


My Thoughts~

Oh, my goodness! This is the most delightful book and I loved every minute of reading it.

From the beginning, Grace reminded me of Anne of Green Gables. Fredrick is not only a swoony hero, but he's also got a past he's not proud of and he doesn't think he'll measure up to his family name and all that comes with it.

Together Grace and Fredrick find that true love really does exist and dreams come true.

Ms. Basham has outdone herself with this book and currently, it is my favorite. I hope we see more of Grace and Fredrick.


Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.




2 comments:

Cindy said...

I absolutely loved this book as well. Have you read Hope Between the Pages by her? Between the two I can't decide which is my favorite, but I loved them both! I also just started "officially" following your blog :) Looking forward to reading more of your reviews. Have a great day!

Kathleen Denly said...

It's killing me that I haven't had time to read this yet.

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...