{text-decoration: none;}

Monday, October 5, 2026

Top Ten Tuesday Memorable Feel Good Books

 


Happy Tuesday, and welcome to another edition of a blog link-up sponsored by That Artsy Reader Girl.
I hope you guys are having some enjoyable weather, and your football team(s) are winning. We're still having 80+ degree weather with hope's of fall weather. We need rain badly, so we're hoping. 







Where the Red Fern Grows - my 5th grade teacher read this to us after lunch and it's one book I'll never forget. One of my daughter's loved it too, which has been fun.

Are You There God? It's Me Margaret - I read when I was ten and couldn't figure out what all the hoopla was regarding getting our periods. I was fine with not having it. Haha

Iscariot - When I was in college I had to write a paper about Judas, and for me, Tosca Lee's book solidified my nineteen year old thoughts regarding him.

All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes - This was my first Betsy St. Amant Haddox's novel and it was just a fun rom-com.

The Mistress of Tall Acre - Was so good, and the first review where the author said I made her want to read her own book.

This Present Darkness - Our Sunday School Class in California read this together and discussed it, which made this an experience.

Piercing the Darkness - I'd always known that prayer was important, but this book showed me that if we're not praying the angels can't do their job as effectively.

The Memoir of Johnny Devine - I love old movies, and this book was like watching one. 

The Wedding Chapel - All of the intricacies around the small town that Rachel Hauck placed in this novel made me want to move there.

Stealing Adda - This is literally a fun, and cozy book you can curl up with and relax.



I tried a different layout, and I'm not sure about it because it's a LOT of work. LOL

I'm interested to see your lists this week. I hope you have a great Tuesday and thanks for stopping by!



















9 comments:

crackercrumblife said...

Oh my gosh! Yes! Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. Lol. I remember my mom giving me that book to read and then having a talk with her afterwards about it.

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create! said...

I feel like I'm the only woman of my generation who has never read Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. I know I'm not, but so many women over a certain age have strong memories of reading it when they were at that stage in life.
Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/bookish-memories-book-tag-2026-edition/

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I reread Where the Red Fern Grows as an adult and cried just as hard. What a memorable book.

Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out said...

Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret is a distinct memory for me too.
Thanks for sharing your #TTT

Andi said...

I didn’t have to talk to her afterwards but it was a gateway to reading Judy Blume in my teens!

Andi said...

You aren’t. One of my mom’s friends said I should read it. Growing up in a church going family it was the “easiest” way to explain it.

Andi said...

I homeschooled my girls and we read it and I bawled like a baby. It’s a very memorable book.

Andi said...

I think if you grew up in the 70’s and 80’s and are a girl it’s a good probability that Are You There God? It’s me, Margaret have distinct memories from reading that book.

Cindy said...

I remember hiding the book Are you There God, It's Me Margaret when I was reading it. Like it was supposed to be a secret, LOL! Great list, Andi!

Top Ten Tuesday Memorable Feel Good Books

  Happy Tuesday, and welcome to another edition of a blog link-up sponsored by That Artsy Reader Girl . I hope you guys are having some enjo...