Title: Orange is the Color of Goodbye
Author: Christina Suzann Nelson
Source: Purchased
Format: Paperback
With a city deadline to abate her hoarder-mother’s yard and empty a condemned house for sale, a woman—juggling a medically fragile child back home and her own anxiety—must clear decades of wreckage and a lifetime of blame to finally see the truth.
Purchase a copy HERE
My Thoughts:
I saw an ad about this book on Instagram or Facebook and realized that it had been a long time since I'd read a Christina Suzann Nelson novel. All I remembered was that I really enjoyed the book I'd read. Ms. Nelson created an interactive reading experience when purchasing the book from her website.
Christina Suzann created a story around estrangement. Eden and her mom are not on good speaking terms, and to make matters worse she has to take care of her mom's house. The story was real, and raw. It literally felt like my story. Beautifully, she gave Eden a village. You know that saying, it takes a village, it really does. There were also secrets hidden within the pages giving hints as to why their relationship was as bad as it was. From this reader's vantage point it seemed as though there were some assumptions and misunderstandings.
There is so much I want to say, but I don't want to give the story away. It will be on my top reads for the year!
My Bottom Line:
This book goes across generations, and it has a message to generations. Life is hard and sometimes you just want to throw up your hands and quit. But you can't, especially if someone is depending on you. This book has the ability to provide healing hope if you let it.
About Christina Suzann Nelson:
Christina Suzann Nelson is an inspirational speaker and the award-winning author of If We Make It Home,Swimming in the Deep End, More Than We Remember, and The Way It Should Be. Her newest title, Shaped by the Waves, releases February 1, 2022 .She writes and speaks about hope after dysfunction. Christina is over the top about her passion for faith, family, fiction, and foster care. When she’s not writing, she’s working with the Every Child initiative, chasing escaped steers, reading, breathing in the sweet smell of her horse, hiking with her dog, or enjoying her just-as-crazy family.
You can follow Christina on the following Social Media sites.



No comments:
Post a Comment