Hi! Welcome to my first Top Ten Tuesday of 2023! I hope the first three weeks of the New Year have been enjoyable. Here in Idaho, we've had some unusually warm weather for January so it's been nice. I'm not a fan of snow so I'm fine with it not being on the ground.
With the New Year comes resolutions and goals...for us readers, it's no different. How many books will you set for a reading goal? What reading challenges are you going to participate in...etc.
I used to set a reading goal on Goodreads but stopped doing it many years ago because I felt pressure to finish books and it became more of a chore than an enjoyment.
I don't have a number of books I intend to read this year but I have a few others.
1. I am doing the twenty-three in 2023. This challenge was started on Instagram and it challenges readers to read twenty-three books off of their TBR that they already own. Here is a picture of the twenty-three books I hope to clear off my TBR this year. If you'd like to join look for the hashtag #backlist23
2. Get my Netgalley ratio to 80%. I'm really bad about forgetting to post my review there.
3. Making sure my street teams don't over-lap which I might have already done.
4. Review every single book I read not just books for review. Another thing I am really bad at. Which circles back to my TBR pile.
5. Read more new to me authors.
6. Add one non-fiction book to my reading every other month. I'm not a fan of non-fiction so this will be quite the challenge.
7. Remember that DNF-ing a book is okay. I gave myself permission to do this a few years ago and I need to remember it's still okay if I'm just not feeling it.
8. Spend time daily on my editing course so I can complete it. This is more for me. While I took a test last week and received a 95%. I have gone weeks between lessons and that isn't a good thing.
9. Do more reading at down times than scrolling through social media.
10. Do buddy reads. 1. I love being able to chat about a book I'm reading with someone, and 2. It's a good way to be held accountable.
What are some of your reading goals this year? Do we share any in common? Let me know in the comments!
Good luck with your editing course!
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-goals-for-2023/
I hope you can achieve all of your goals for 2023.
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
I also want to read more new to me authors this year!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/01/17/top-ten-tuesday-403/
All of these are great and doable! I hope it goes well this year.
Replacing social media time with reading time is a good idea.
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.
Thanks for stopping by! I used to be able to comment individually on each comment but blogger changed things again.
I’ve been going to each of your posts. Looks like we’ve all got some great goals for 2023!
Great goals, Andi! I am also doing the #23 in 2023 on Instagram! Good luck with all your goals.
Great goals! I'm also trying to read from my TBR list, and read more non-fiction books.
My Top Ten Tuesday List
Gook luck on your 2023 goals.
I'm in awe of everyone who has aims of getting their NG ratio to 80%. Mine's at about 7% right now! Ha ha. I'm never going to catch up. Good luck with all your goals!
Great goals. I am trying to be more flexible to reduce the stress and to enjoy reading a bit more.
Have a great week!
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
Post a Comment