Monday, November 14, 2022

Authentically, Izzy by Pepper Basham Reviewed



 



About the book:

Title: Authentically, Izzy
Author: Pepper Basham
Genre: Inspirational Romantic Comedy

“Dear Izzy—I feel certain there’s a book-loving man living relatively nearby waiting to speak bookish to you ’til death do you part. You just haven’t met yet.” 

Izzy Edgewood is a wannabe bookstore owner, quote queen, and Lord of the Rings nerd who has been waiting for Prince Charming to sweep her off her sneakered feet. But it’s hard to meet people when you spend more time with fictional humans than real ones. This is why her pragmatist cousin Josephine decides to take Izzy’s future into her own meddling hands and create an online dating profile for the hopeful romantic.

To Izzy’s shock (and suspicion), Josie’s plan works. Soon, she’s dialoguing with a Hobbit-loving man named Brodie who lives in a small town an ocean away from her home in the Blue Ridge Mountains. But is their shared love of books, family, and correspondence enough to overcome Izzy’s fear of flying and the literal distance between them? And is a long-distance relationship even worth considering when a local author has been frequenting the library where she works and is proving to be a perfectly fine gentleman?

In this epistolary novel from award-winning author Pepper Basham, bookish dreams and happily-ever-afters collide
to create a beautiful sort of magic that’s even better than fiction.

Purchase links: Amazon || B&N || Baker Book House || Goodreads 


My Thoughts

I have come to love epistolary novels and Pepper Basham is at her charming amusing best in this book. I fell in love with Izzy immediately! I loved how Izzy was talking about her ridiculous cousin, Josephine, who signed her up on a dating site, with her brother and her cousin's sister via texts and emails. I was literally rolling!! 

All of the Lord of the Rings references had me wanting to watch the movies again. 
 
These are some of the best quotes!

"There's not really a job description for a 'book pusher,' and even if there was, it sounds like a profession where one might get arrested."

"If any animal should have the power to resurrect, I think it should be a faithful dog. They're such wonderful companions and the very best listeners in the world."

"Of course, I talk to myself. Sometimes I need an expert opinion."

These are just a few of my highlights. I have so many more! You have to read this book! If not for all the fun comedic parts, which is nearly the entire book, but the sweet romance between Brodie and Izzy. The secondary characters, mainly Luke, are just as fun! I hope there is a sequel with Luke!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book via the publisher. I wasn't required to write a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I did preorder a copy.

About Pepper Basham



I love a good romance, whether it’s set in an Edwardian era manor house or a small town in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Readers enjoy my fun, dramatic, heart-warming, and inspirational novels with the certainty of a happily-ever-after.

Though some of my contemporaries have a Britallachian twist, others are Mayberry-esque, while others bring about the elegance and struggles of the Downton Abbey era. If any of these story ideas sound good to you, take some time to peruse my cyber corner of the world. “Sit a spell” as we’d say in my neck of the woods and let me ‘spin you a yarn’ filled with a few of my favorite things.

You can find Pepper on the following social media sites. Website || Facebook || Instagram || Twitter 



No comments:

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...