Monday, August 31, 2020

The Haunting at Bonaventure Circus by Jamie Jo Wright - Reviewed





About the book:

Title: The Haunting at Bonaventure Circus
Author: Jamie Jo Wright
Genre: Historical Suspense Timeslip
Publisher: Bethany House

1928
The Bonaventure Circus is a refuge for many, but Pippa Ripley was rejected from its inner circle as a baby. When she receives mysterious messages from someone called the "Watchman," she is determined to find him and the connection to her birth. As Pippa's search leads her to a man seeking justice for his murdered sister and evidence that a serial killer has been haunting the circus train, she must decide if uncovering her roots is worth putting herself directly in the path of the killer.

Present Day
The old circus train depot will either be torn down or preserved for historical importance, and its future rests on real estate project manager Chandler Faulk's shoulders. As she dives deep into the depot's history, she's also balancing a newly diagnosed autoimmune disease and the pressures of single motherhood. When she discovers clues to the unsolved murders of the past, Chandler is pulled into a story far darker and more haunting than even an abandoned train depot could portend.


Goodreads || Amazon 


About Jamie Jo Wright




If I were to summarize my life in three words, my instinct is to say: "I love coffee", and leave it at that. But, I realize that is rather shallow and a tad obsessive. So, summarizing who Jaime Jo Wright is can be a challenge.
I love life. I always have. God has blessed me, even in severe trials, such as the loss of three of my babies. He has never failed, never given up, never gone easy on me, and always disciplined me with a loving hand. (and trust me, when you have my personality which pushes boundaries and considers rules to be negotiable, you need discipline).
I married my husband in 2000. He wasn't exactly Prince Charming when I met him, so I aptly nicknamed him Cap'n Hook after he pirated off with my heart and has yet to give it back. 
Our ship was joined by a little Tinkerbell in 2009. Our CoCo has tamed the pirate exponentially better than I ever could. Peter Pan came along in 2012 and whisked me away to Neverland where we refuse to grow up and make mischief on a daily basis.

You can connect with Jamie Jo Wright on  Website || Facebook || Instagram || Twitter 


My Thoughts

Once again Jamie Jo Wright has penned a time-slip novel full of suspense, history, along with some hair-raising moments. As with her previous novels I was hooked from the beginning and stayed up way past my bedtime reading. Even with the spooky moments I was able to sleep just fine.

I felt like I'd stepped back into my childhood to when we'd go to the circus, when I met Pippa and Lily, the elephant was born. 

Ms. Wright does a great job bringing us into the present day story of Chandler and her son, Peter. 

The story switches easily between time periods and storylines. Ms. Wright's ability to not only switch from both time periods but give use deep view of broken, tormented, and rejected characters is visible from page one until the end. 

I wanted to find out what the answer to the mystery was but I didn't want the story to end!

The inspirational thread was perfectly placed! 

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.







No comments:

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...