Saturday, August 31, 2019

Dance of Grace; Chain of Lake Book 2 by Stacy Monson A Book Blind Date




About the book:

Title: Dance of Grace
Author: Stacy Monson
Series: Chain of Lakes
Publisher: His Image Publications

In one unexpected moment, dancer Vanessa Jordan lost her family, her career, and her future. She blames God for destroying everything that mattered.Kurt Wagner, an ex-con with a second chance at life and faith, aches to shed his past and see his dream of helping teens become reality.The former dancer and the ex-con form an unlikely alliance to build River House, a safe haven for kids on the street. But when Kurt's past threatens his dreams and his life, Vanessa becomes a target as well.It will take a stubborn love, the grace of God, and one courageous teen to keep the River House dream alive.





About Stacy Monson:

Stacy Monson is the award-winning author of The Chain of Lakes series, including Shattered Image, Dance of Grace, and The Color of Truth. Her stories reveal an extraordinary God at work in ordinary life. Residing in the Twin Cities, she is the wife of a juggling, unicycling physical education teacher, and a proud mom, and doting grandma.






My Thoughts:

I received a fun email from Just Reads Publicity Tours telling me that if I'd like I could go on a blind date with a book. I had read about these blind dates but had never tried one so this was a lot of fun.

This book was about brokenness, forgiveness and hope. I found the character's and story line believable. While it was the second book in the series I didn't feel like I needed to read the first book as the author did a great job of adding bits of the back story.

Overall, it was an enjoyable read and I have a new author to add to my list. I would say this was a successful blind date.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book via the publisher. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.





No comments:

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...