Monday, October 8, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Longest Books




Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday. Today's topic is the longest books I've read. Weirdly most of the longest books I've read are written by secular authors at least books over a thousand pages.






I read this book as a very young wife and mom. I thought it would go on forever even though it's really not that long. Just 376 pages. 

When I read the circle series by Ted Dekker they were together in a complete series set, and at around about 400 pages a piece makes for 1200 page book.



This was probably the longest book Frank Peretti has written to date.


The picture is of knees . . .  Because I didn't read this in high school when I wanted to. I read it when Oprah chose it for her book club, this is the edition I read.

I think Tolstoy and King have the market on writing books that are forever long.

I read this in high school, it took me an entire summer and I couldn't wait to have it done!

















I do love a long book. It's like a very long vacation that you don't want to come home from.

Tell me the longest books you've read. Do we have any of the same ones?



1 comment:

Julie Lessman said...

Hey, Andi,

The longest book I've ever read (and the 2nd longest one on your list, I believe) is ... drum roll, please ... Gone With the Wind!

Fun post, my friend!

Hugs,
Julie

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...