Happy Valentine's Day!!! Are you ready for some kissing swoon? I hope so because I have an intro in kissing that I hope will increase your temperature just a bit. You may want a fan, and a glass of ice water close. If you have snow outside your door you could step outside for a quick second.
Let's get to it!
1. Then in a flick of her gaze to his lips and back, he sensed her consent, and tucking an arm to her waist, he slowly drew her onto his bale, closing the distance to caress her lips with his own. A lifetime of craving this girl flashed through his body like a desert heat wave, and swallowing a low groan, he molded his mouth to hers with an ache so real, he knew she was the only cure.
2. Slowly, I lowered my head, allowing time for her to stop the lesson if she wished. When she didn't move, didn't utter a sound, I pressed my lips against hers. A steady cadence of a drum beat from my center, determined the rhythm. I kissed her again, gently taking in her bottom lip between my own. The strings of violin and cello sang a mournful cry, and the sweetness carried me to the next bar.
3. Without another hesitation, as if to seal his statement, his lips covered hers, as warm and wonderful as the swirl of heat firing through her. His hand moved to the back of her head, twisting his fingers into her bun until he worked it loose. The full weight of her hair fell around her shoulders, encasing both of them in a citrus-scented cocoon. Oh, heart! Alex drew back only far enough to murmur against her lips. "You taste like peanut butter and chocolate."
4. “Let’s face it, Katie Rose,” he whispered, “I don’t want ice, I don’t want water, and I definitely don’t want chocolate.” She caught her breath when his words melted warm in her ear. “I want you . . .”
And before the air could return to her lungs, his mouth dominated hers with such gentle force, it coaxed a breathless moan from her lips, heating the blood in her veins by several degrees.
Putting this fan here in case you need to cool off. Go ahead and take a quick break.
5. Ryan stopped her mid sentence, grabbed her shoulders. He pulled her close and kissed her---hard. He kissed her like his happiness depended on it and in many ways, it did.
6. Ted's hands went to her shoulders and he leaned in to kiss her. The pressure of his lips against hers was gentle, but firm, as if sealing a promise. He pulled back. A perfectly decent, chaste kiss, but she couldn't help feeling disappointed it was over.
7. "Don't overthink it, Rachel." His breath came warm on her cheek, so close his lips would be on her skin if she moved a millimeter toward him. The knowledge struck her with a wave of longing so strong it nearly took her off her feet, too strong to resist. She let it sweep her into him until their lips met. And then their arms were around each other, fingertips caressing, mouths exploring with delicious torturous patience.
8. "Jonas, don't talk, please, don't talk." She roped her arms around his neck, rising on her toes to meet him, her lips finding his. Finding the pulse of his heart. He was breathless when lifted his head, tapping his forehead to hers. "Kiss me again," she whispered. He surrendered to the moment, to her demand, his lips trailing along her cheek and down the nape of her neck. He reached for her hands...
*Tap, Tap, Tap. I'm making sure you're still with me. Breathing? Here's a fainting couch if you find yourself weak in the knees and unable to stand.
9. He was just so...so safe. And warm. He tasted of coffee, smelled of the soap he'd used in the shower, and the kiss turned languid. She could just curl into him.
10. All thoughts were blotted out as his mouth met hers-sweetly hesitant at first, then hungrily. Her senses began to swim in a woozy, melting rush. The unfamiliar feel of him beneath her tentative hands cast a strange spell. They drew apart only to melt back together again, kissing.
Are you woozy? Melting in a puddle? I hope so! That's what these kisses are supposed to do. Suspend our thinking and make us dreamy. If you're familiar with any of the author's kissing scenes you've experienced those emotions and more.
Below you will find a list of author's names. All you have to do is match the author with the quote. The one who has the most correct will win both books.
Email me at email@example.com with your answers so no one sees. In the comment section leave me a comment telling me which quote is your favorite. All entrants must be received by Friday, February 16th, and you must leave a favored quote in the comment section to be valid.
Here are your author choices are:
Susan May Warren
Kellie Coates Gilbert
One author is used twice.
For some fun, here is a kissing scene that I wrote when I was participating in NANO (National Novel Writing Month)
Waiting in his car patiently for Shelby to finish changing, Seth hatched a plan. Sending her a quick text he asked if he could come up to her apartment to use her bathroom. "Sure come on up the door is unlocked." He was out of his car and in the hallway before she replied. Shelby pointed to the bathroom, he nodded as he walked through the door. Hearing the door re open Shelby said, " that was quick." "Well I'm a guy." Rolling her eyes she turned her head as he walked by. Leaning in he pressed his lips to hers, hard, feeling her lips submit to his, he wrapped his arms around her pushing her against the wall. Shelby felt her knees weaken and she reached her arms around him to keep from falling, at least that's what she was telling herself. Truth she didn't want him to stop kissing her, ever!
Now head over to my friend, Carrie, of Reading is My SuperPower and see her kissing post.