Sunday, November 12, 2017

Charming the Troublemaker (Mitchell's Crossroads BK 2) by Pepper D. Basham - Reviewed




About the book:

Rainey Mitchell is doing just fine. She has a great job helping children in need, her family is around her, she is mother to a fabulous little girl, and is getting over the betrayal of her ex-husband. Dr. Alex Murdock is not doing so well, as he is forced to work at a rural university, his life is full of secrets surrounding his family, and he has to start over in a new town. Luckily, Rainey, the daughter of his landlord, is there to get him settled. Rainey just wants to stay away from the new professor, who has the same charm as her ex. Unfortunately, they seem to need each other. Rainey needs his grant-writing ability to save her program, and Alex is terrible at the lecturing at which Rainey excels. The two must work together to fulfill their goals, but will they be able to do it? Rainey's insecurities and Alex's obsession with protecting his family could be their undoing.




About Pepper:

Pepper D Basham has been telling tales ever since she was a little girl. When her grandmother called her a “writer” at the age of ten, Pepper took it as gospel and has enjoyed various types of writing styles ever since. A native of the Blue Ridge Mountains, mom of five, speech-language pathologist, and lover of chocolate, Pepper enjoys sprinkling her native Appalachian culture into her fiction wherever she can. She currently resides in the lovely mountains of Asheville, NC, where she works with kids who have special needs, searches for unique hats, and plots new ways to annoy her wonderful friends at her writing blog, The Writer’s Alley. She is represented by Julie Gwinn of Seymour Agency.

http://www.pepperdbasham.com/
https://twitter.com/pepperbasham

My Thoughts:

We met Adorkable Alex in Twist of Faith, and while he was adorkable in that book he is even more so in this book.

This the fifth book of Ms. Basham's that I have read and her writing gets better with each book.
In this book Ms. Basham adds an element of suspense which works perfectly and stretches her as an author. The charm, and humor within the pages of this book is off the charts. I have highlighted so many quotes within the book, that I have to choose my favorites for meme making. I really identified with Rainey. My ex-husband was a lot like Gray, and I had a lot of the same feelings, and issues. Mama Mitchell reminded me of my mom, in the way she talked to Rainey about how she had changed since being with Gray.

Bottom line this book has it all. Suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat, romance with sizzle that you will need a fan blowing on you, and you will have to catch your breath during the kissing scenes. Along with great family scenes that encompass you like a warm hug.

This book is appropriate for pre-teens through adults. If you have not read a Pepper Basham book you are really missing out! You can purchase a copy of this book here.
I received a copy of this book compliments of the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review, all thoughts and opinions are my own.


I am going to give this book 5 1/2 stars. And what better quote than to use the one from The Thorn Keeper by Pepper Basham.

You can read about my book rating here . . . Book Rating

2 comments:

Pepper Basham said...

HAHA! Thank you so much Andi! I'm glad you enjoyed CTTM and ANY time you can bring in a quote from David and Catherine, I am ALL in! LOL

Alex surprised me. I LOVED writing him.

Andi said...

You are so welcome! I’m having a hard time choosing my favorite scene. Lol I loved the closet scene! Talk about needing a fan! The coffee shop scene was UH-MAZING!!
I try to use that quote from David and Catherine as much as possible! TEEHEE! ❤️

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...