Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sunday Funday - My Five Most Important Things


A group of bloggers got together to come up with something for our blog that isn't book related. I know, sacrilege, huh?! 😊😊

We decided on the name Sunday Funday, because it is the last day of the weekend, the last day for any fun. Each week we'll chose a topic and all share on it. We'd love to hear from you, so comment your thoughts.

This weeks chosen topic is the five most important things to me besides people, the Bible, Jesus, and pets. Mainly because those are pretty much a given, and they are very important to me.

When I first heard this topic I was completely stumped, but then a light bulb went on. My first one is a person, but I don't have an ongoing relationship with her, and won't again until heaven.

Her name is Angelina Frances Pampolina - Lozano, and fifty-two years ago she was fourteen and pregnant. She'd been sexually assaulted told her mother who didn't believe her. The sexual assault happened again and she found herself pregnant. Her mother wanted her to have the family doctor abort the baby to save the family the embarrassment of an unwed mother. At the tender age of fourteen she told her mother no, she had no idea what wheels that would spin in motion. When she told her mother no to an abortion, she was saying yes to my parents.


Angelina Frances Pampolina - Lozano is my birth mother. Her courage to say no, and love of me to give my parents a baby, created our family. So, my first three most important things are courage, love, and family.











Technology is another important thing for me. Not only does FaceTime give me the opportunity to stay in contact with my kids and grandkids, it allowed me to locate information about my birth family and know my Italian/Cajun French heritage. My fourth important thing is technology.

Stories are a very important thing for me. Which is why I review books. Stories are not only an escape, they seem to both encourage, and bring a healing to my heart that I'm not usually aware I need. Fifth important thing is stories.

I am, however, not done.

Last week's topic was my go to playlist when I'm having a hard day. Music is very important to me. My mood dictates what I listen to. Sixth important thing is music.

Without saying people, I am going to say relationships. For me relationships are a soothing balm to my soul. As someone who, because of an illness, and my own choice, am unable to take myself where I want to go, and on the days that are really hard relationships keep me going. Seventh important thing is relationships.


I am someone who needs truth. After living in a marriage full of lies, truth is the top thing on my list about anything. I don't handle liars well and truth will probably always be a the utmost important thing for me.

Rounding it out at an even eight, my most important things are . . .

Courage
Love
Family 
Technology
Stories
Music
Relationships
Truth

I would love to hear what your most important things are that don't include people, the Bible, Jesus, and pets. Please answer in the comment section.




4 comments:

Trisha said...

Wonderful list, Andi!

Mary Jackson said...

I loved your list Andi! What a touching one about your birth mother. I loved getting to know you a little better.

Andi said...

Thanks, Trisha!

Aw, thank you, Mary! I appreciate that. I was just at lunch and some dirty old man was making jokes about sexual harassment and assault and all I kept thinking about was this post and my birth mother who experienced that horror.

Love you guys!

Jessica Baker said...

This list really touched my heart. My biological other was also young when she had me, and she kind of left me with my dad who was quite a bit older. Brought back some old feelings I haven’t thought about it a while. Thank you for sharing your story! And thank the Lord for mother’s who did not abort. Hugs ��

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...