Saturday, November 19, 2016

Storm (Stone Braide Chronicles book #3) by Bonnie Calhoun

About the book:

Selah has survived the forces of both man and nature to reunite her family. But her happiness is short-lived as they are forced into a barren world of volcanic ash that conceals the storm boiling beneath. The clock is ticking and Selah's abilities are growing--along with the list of those out for her blood.

Selah feels unworthy of her status as a novarium and is tortured by the knowledge of lives lost to protect her. Her physical and mental abilities will tempt her to be reckless, but she must learn to wield such power responsibly. Time is running out as more lives are tragically cut short and the search for the Third Protocol takes Selah into lands that have fallen into legend. Can Selah follow the trail of ancient artifacts and finish the quest? Or have she and her companions pinned their hopes on nothing more than a fanciful story?

Calhoun's characters race headlong into an explosive combination of futuristic technology, age-old greed, and the sacrifices for love that drive them to impossible choices.


About Bonnie:
I love action adventure but it doesn't make me happy unless there are...body count, blood, and blowing things up. I play with mad skills at coding HTML and website design and live in a log cabin in the woods with fifteen acres, an old apple orchard, and a pond full of bass though I'd rather buy fish at the grocery store. I share my domain with a husband, and two cats who think I'm the waitstaff! 

 My Thoughts:

First, is the cover of this book not gorgeous?! I love covers of books, and this one is not only pretty, it fits the book.
I am sad to see this series come to an end. I have enjoyed Selah, her family and all the other characters in this great series. Bonnie is true to action, body count, blood and blowing things up in this book. Watching Selah grow and continue her father's quest made this a great end to a wonderful series.


GOODREADS
AMAZON




 

No comments:

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...