Thursday, January 13, 2022

Heart Adrift by Laura Frantz Reviewed

 



Title: A Heart Adrift

Author: Laura Frantz

Genre: Inspirational Historical Romance

It is 1755, and the threat of war with France looms over colonial York, Virginia. Chocolatier Esmee Shaw is fighting her own battle of the heart. Having reached her twenty-eighth birthday, she is reconciled to life alone after a decade-old failed love affair from which she's never quite recovered. But she longs to find something worthwhile to do with her life.

Captain Henri Lennox has returned to port after a lengthy absence, intent on completing the lighthouse in the dangerous Chesapeake Bay, a dream he once shared with Esmee. But when the colonial government asks him to lead a secret naval expedition against the French, his future is plunged into uncertainty.

Will a war and a cache of regrets keep them apart, or can their shared vision and dedication to the colonial cause heal the wounds of the past? Bestselling and award-winning author Laura Frantz whisks you away to a time fraught with peril--on the sea and in the heart--in this redemptive, romantic story.

Purchase a copy HERE!


About Laura Frantz




I was born and raised in Kentucky, living first in Ashland, Mammoth Cave, Bowling Green, and then Lexington. But my heart has always been in Berea, Madison County, the place my family has resided since the 18th-century. I came to know Christ there at the age of 12, was baptized, and spent my childhood roaming through the woods and swimming in the rivers of my books.

My earliest memories are of the public library, standing in front of shelves filled with those little biographies of famous historical figures like Daniel Boone and George Washington and Sacajawea. I began scribbling stories at age 7 and thankfully never stopped. My passion then and now is history and all the wonders of past centuries.

I attended college at Denison University in Ohio and also in England, living in a manor/castle and studying the American Revolution from the British perspective. Shakespeare and 18th-century literature form the backbone of my English degree. Strangely enough, I only took one creative writing class.

It was never a desire of mine to be published. I simply love to write for the sheer joy of writing – and that was enough. But as Proverbs 16:9 says, “The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.”

I hope my books bless you.

You can find Laura on these platforms; Website || Facebook || Instagram || Pinterest || Twitter


My Thoughts

At the beginning of the new year, I look forward with great anticipation to a new book by Laura Frantz. A Heart Adrift is everything I hoped it would be and so much more. It is full of rich and detailed colonial Virginia; having lived in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia I enjoyed revisiting the area during colonial times. 

Ms. Frantz is not only a thorough researcher her writing is both lyrical in style and distinct for the time period. 

The slow second chance at love romance penned took this reader on quite a journey and there were several times I wanted to smack both Henri and Esmee for dancing around what they knew to be true. 

This book is a beautiful combination of love, history, and faith. I hope when you begin this story you stock up on chocolate in some fashion because you're going to need it as you read. 

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book via the publisher. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.



No comments:

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...