Friday, March 1, 2024

First Line Friday Featuring My Lucky Charm (Holidays With Hart #2) by Courtney Walsh

 

Happy Friday and welcome to First Line Friday! Today, I am featuring My Lucky Charm by Courtney Walsh which seems perfect given tomorrow is March 1st.


First Line

I've never kissed a stranger in my life. Not in high school. Not in college. And certainly not as an adult.




About the book:

A humiliating break-up leads to an impulsive New Year’s Kiss with a complete stranger. 

What could possibly go wrong?

It’s no secret that I love life. And Dr Pepper. But also, I love a challenge. . .

So when the coach of the Chicago Comets gives me the opportunity to help their star player, newly traded to their team, acclimate to life in Chicago, I'm all in.

I have to be. After my last job went up in flames, I have something to prove.

It turns out that the player, Grayson Hawke, is the rudest, most off-putting, reclusive guy I’ve ever met.

It also turns out that he is the beautiful stranger I kissed on New Year’s Eve.

I can do this job. I can do this job. I can do this job.

And I can. Really well.

I can make Gray’s life easier, show him all the reasons to fall in love with this city, and in the process, hopefully completely forget that the amazing kiss ever happened.

How hard can it be? We’re total opposites anyway.

I love people . . . and all their stories. Gray loves hockey . . . and nothing else.

I love to talk. Gray only stares.

I’m happy-go-lucky. Gray’s all work and no play.

There’s just one problem. The more time I spend with Grayson Hawke, the more I start to see that underneath his bristly, standoffish exterior, he’s nothing like the man everyone thinks he is.

And suddenly, all the reasons for keeping my distance, staying professional, and not falling for someone again. . . are impossible to remember. My Lucky Charm is a grumpy/sunshine, sweet hockey romance with all of the sizzle but none of the steam. It's the second in the Holidays with Hart series, but My Lucky Charm can be read as a stand alone.


Currently this book is free to read on Kindle Unlimited

About Courtney Walsh


Courtney Walsh is a novelist, artist, theatre director, and playwright. She writes small-town romance and women’s fiction while juggling the performing arts studio and youth theatre she owns and runs with her husband. If For Any Reason is her eleventh novel. Her debut, A Sweethaven Summer, hit the New York Times and USA Today e-book bestseller lists and was a Carol Award finalist in the debut author category, and her contemporary romance Just Let Go won the Carol Award in 2019. A creative at heart, Courtney has also written two craft books and several full-length musicals. She lives in Illinois with her husband and three children and a sometimes naughty Bernedoodle named Luna.

Website || Facebook || Instagram || Twitter 


Pick up the book closest to you and leave the first line in the comments and then head over to my friend, Carrie of Reading is My Super Power and read other first lines.


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great first line :) I bought this one and do HOPE to read it this month!

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...