Tuesday, August 13, 2019

A Glitter of Gold (Georgia Coast Romance #2) by Liz Johnson Reviewed




Title: A Glitter of Gold (Georgia Coast Romance #2)
Author: Liz Johnson
Series: Georgia Coast Romance
Publisher: Revell

Anne Norris moved to Savannah, Georgia, for a fresh start. Now her pirate-tour business is flagging, and paying the rent requires more than wishful thinking. When she discovers evidence of a shipwreck off the coast of Tybee Island, she knows it could be just the boon she needs to stay afloat. She takes her findings to local museum director Carter Hale for confirmation, but she runs after a disastrous first meeting.

Carter has been searching for the location of the wreck detailed in the worn pages of an 18th-century diary, the discovery of which could open the door to his dream job at a prestigious museum. But convincing  Anne to help him fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle is no easy task. And working with Carter means that Anne will have to do the one thing she swore she’d never do again: trust a man.

Finding a monetary backer and sticking with a search that’s turning up nothing will take all their dedication–and every secret they’ve tried to hide. If they can find the lost ship, they may discover a treasure worth more than all the pirate gold in the world–love.

Purchase a copy HERE!


About Liz Johnson:

By day Liz Johnson is a marketing manager. She makes time to write late at night—that’s when she thinks best anyway. Liz is the author of more than a dozen novels, a New York Times bestselling novella, and a handful of short stories. She’s a Christy Award finalist and a two-time ACFW Carol Award finalist. She makes her home in Phoenix, Arizona, where she enjoys exploring local music, theater, and doting on her nieces and nephews. She writes stories of true love filled with heart, humor, and happily ever afters.
                                                 
Website || Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || Pinterest ||




My Thoughts:

This is just the third book of Liz Johnson's that I've read, and I'm attempting to catch up on her Prince Edward Island series. Suffice it to say that I am way behind in reading her books.

For me, this book was a little hard to get started in but, once the adventure started that was all it took. And that is exactly what this book is it is an adventure from beginning to end.

It's an adventure in forgiveness, trust, and sunken treasure. There is also pirate treasure, told through an old diary. YES! Pirate treasure! I loved reading the diary entries! They added so much to the mystery and adventure of the book.

Overall, I found the book engaging and the character's real and believable. I saw both Anne's reason for not returning back to California and her mother's desire to have her come home.

I highly recommend this book. It could stand alone but I recommend you read A Sparkle of Silver first.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book via the publisher in association with Liz Johnson's street team. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.



No comments:

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...