Monday, August 19, 2019

Memorable Monday #5


Happy Monday! The point of Memorable Monday is to showcase a book that you read in the past and share why/how the book has stuck with you.


This week I am featuring A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman. If you've followed my blog for any length of time you know that this book has a special place in my heart. It was Ms. Lessman's debut and I think it was one of the first debut's I read as a new blogger. When I read this book I was in the beginning stages of my divorce and this book rocked me to my core. While it's not a book about divorce it is a book about both romantic passion and a passion for God. 
I had conjured this notion in my head that since my husband had committed adultery and broke our wedding vows and even though we weren't legally divorced I was free to do whatever I wanted romantically speaking. He was the one that wronged me, right?! 
Well, God had different plans! He used this book to show me that I wasn't, and that my vows meant something to Him and were important to Him. And whether I remarried or not He called me to stay pure PERIOD! 




She's found the love of her life. Unfortunately, he loves her sister ...

As World War I rages across the Atlantic in 1916, a smaller war is brewing in Boston. Faith O’Connor finds herself drawn to an Irish rogue who is anything but right for her. Collin McGuire is brash, cocky, and from the wrong side of the tracks, not to mention forbidden by her father. And then there’s the small matter that he is secretly courting her younger sister. But when Collin’s affections suddenly shift her way, it threatens to tear Faith's proper Boston family apart.

Refusing to settle for anything less than a romantic relationship that pleases God, Faith O'Connor steels her heart against her desire for the roguish Collin McGuire. Collin is trying to win her sister Charity's hand, and Faith isn't sure she can handle the jealousy she feels. Full of passion, romance, rivalry, and betrayal, A Passion Most Pure is Book 1 of the Daughters of Boston series.




                                                      About Julie Lessman:

Julie Lessman is an award-winning author whose tagline of “Passion With a Purpose” underscores her intense passion for both God and romance. Winner of the 2009 ACFW Debut Author of the Year and Holt Medallion Awards of Merit for Best First Book and Long Inspirational, Julie is also the recipient of 14 Romance Writers of America awards and was voted by readers as “Borders Best of 2009 So Far: Your Favorite Fiction.”

Chosen as the #1 Romance Fiction Author of the Year in the Family Fiction magazine 2012 and 2011 Readers Choice Awards, Julie was also awarded #1 Historical Fiction Author of the Year in that same poll and #3 Author of the Year, #4 Novel of the Year and #3 Series of the year. She resides in Missouri with her husband, daughter, son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter and is the author of “The Daughters of Boston” series—A Passion Most Pure, A Passion Redeemed, and A Passion Denied. Book 1 in her “Winds of Change” series A Hope Undaunted ranked #5 on Booklist’s Top 10 Inspirational Fiction for 2010.




NOW, IT'S YOUR TURN . . .

  What book is memorable to you? Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

Julie Lessman said...

Oh, Andi, this post really touched me, my friend, and I am forever grateful that God caused our paths to cross!

Love you!
Julie

thebeccafiles said...

I haven't read this one yet but looks interesting!!

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...