Sunday, October 22, 2017

My Go To Play List



We all have those days, the ones where we want to go back to bed, start over, and know a second cup of coffee won't even help.

Are you like me, and turn to Pandora? I love Pandora and use it a lot when I'm in a funk, or when I just want to listen to one type of artist.

Bon Jovi is my main go to. I met him when I was seventeen and have been a fan ever since. Some of my favorites are . . .

Livin On A Prayer

Blaze of Glory

Hallelujah this song is way out of his wheel house but it is so good.

In June my husband I went to a For King and Country concert and I absolutely fell in love with their music. I love their entire Run Wild, Live Free album. These are just a couple of my favorites . . .

Fix My Eyes

Run Wild

Shoulders, this song means a lot to me because I have epilepsy and this song really speaks to my heart.

I have some deep country roots. I wasn't necessarily raised in the country, but definitely raised on country music, and most if not all of that music really helps me get out of a funk.

Forever Country I love this medley. I grew up on these songs.

Countryholic This song is new, the writer / singer of this song has written a lot of top country songs. Plus it's just a fun one to dance to.

I was a teenager in the 80's, UGH, I just aged myself. LOL I love the music of the 80's and listen to it almost daily. 80's medley


I think music has a definite soothing affect on us. God thought music was pretty important too which is why David wrote Psalms. Psalm 8:1-6 is a beautiful six verses that was written into a wonderful song. I remember singing this in choir and always loved it and when I hear it now my soul just sings.


1.11.15 The Majesty and Glory of Your Name  - Sanctuary Choir from Forest Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.

What is on your current playlist, or your go to when you need a little lift? Do we have some of the same ones? Let me know in the comments.


10 comments:

Mary Jackson said...

I loved your playlist music has a was of lifting us up and taking us to a whole new place. I love music as much as books! Wonderful post.

Cafinated-Reads Molly said...

I love this playlist! And the Forever Country song......oh my goodness. Those songs were always on in my house when I was younger. I’m gonna check out the other songs you have here. :)

Trisha said...

Thank you for sharing your playlist. A favorite artist of mine is JJ Heller. I’ve been blessed to have attended several of her concerts and have sang one of her songs at church.

Jessica Baker said...

Bon Jovi definitely reminds me of my teenage years. In fact, I love Pandora because you can choose the era, genre, or even type of band you are listening to. Every now and then when I’m feeling nostalgic, I’ll put it on 90s and 80s music. I have to skip some of the songs, but it’s worth it!

Andi said...

Me too Mary!! I listen while I read too, the only problem I lose my place! Lol
Have a great week my friend!

Andi said...

When I was little we listen to John Denver, mostly when we moved, and I sang Country Rose, instead of Roads. I have no idea how old I was when my mom finally told me. Lol

Andi said...

That’s awesome! I sang a lot of Amy Grant songs for specials and have seen her in concert a few times. What a coincidence. :)

Andi said...

Ditto! After Tom Petty passed I put him in on Pandora and was immediately taken back to my Aunt Bev, she was my dad’s baby sister who was just 9 years older than me, she played 8-Tracks in her room for me. Such a fun memory!

Black Min said...

Music is a necessity in our lives. I love music. I have the hottest music collection 2018. I have created quality ringtones for my phone. I think you'll like it. You can refer here where the best songs here: https://ringtonedownload.in/

You can refer to the top 5 most downloaded songs:

Dil Meri Na Sune ringtone download
Maa Ka Phone Aaya ringtone Download
Desi Desi Na Bolya Kar Chori Re ringtone Download
Dil Meri Na Sune ringtone Download
Dil Meri Na Sune ringtone Download

Music is free for everyone to install. thank you!

Sophie Grace said...

Its as if you had a great grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers. Perhaps you should think about this from more than one angle. Get ready for yoga, cucumber slices and mud baths! The sims 4 cheats spa day is now available for playsation4

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...