Friday, July 14, 2017

First Line Friday #28









About the book:

Would you give up everything for a life you hate with the person you love?
Paige McAllister needs to do something drastic. Her boyfriend can’t even commit to living in the same country, her promised promotion is dead on arrival and the simultaneous loss of her brother and her dream of being a concert violinist has kept her playing life safe and predictable for six years. Things need to change. A moment of temporary insanity finds her leaving her life in Chicago to move to Sydney, Australia. There she finds herself, against many of her convictions, as a logistics planner for one of Australia’s biggest churches, and on a collision course with her boss’s son.
Josh Tyler fronts a top-selling worship band and is in demand all over the world. But his past failed romantic relationships almost destroyed both his reputation and his family. He's determined to never risk it happening again. The last thing he needs is some American girl tipping his ordered life upside down. Especially one who despises everything he’s ever worked for and manages to push every button he has.
When Josh and Paige are thrown together to organize his band’s next tour, the sparks fly. But can they find a way to bridge the differences that pull them apart? Or will they choose the safety and security of what they know over taking a chance on something that will require them to risk everything?


First Line:

Paige McAllister didn’t think it was possible, but there was something worse than being single and thirty at your nineteen-year-old sister’s wedding.

Now that line gets your attention, huh?

What's your first line this week?


Visit my friends and see their first lines this week.


We have a new member to our First Line Friday group Anna of Romances of the Cross

Welcome to the group Anna! If you'd like to join shoot Carrie from Reading is my SuperPower an email.


15 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Friday!! My first line us from A Matter of Trust by Susan May Warren: "Gage Watson blamed the trouble on the bright, sunny day."

Jessica Baker said...

This book.....I loved it! Oh my goodness so many good things to say about it.

I just started Cara Putnam's Beyond Justice. "If he didn't find that flash drive now, he would have to disappear."

Trisha said...

That first line really does grab your attention!
Have a nice weekend!

Caryl Kane said...

Happy Friday!

My first line comes from Julian Fellowes's Belgravia.

The past, as we have been told so many times, is a foreign country where things are done differently.

englishmysteriesblog said...

I still need to pick this book up...happy Friday! :)

Andi said...

Happy Friday! I need to read this one!

Andi said...

I've heard nothing but fabulous things about this book. I love Cara Putnam too! Happy Friday!

Andi said...

I know, makes me want to read more! Have a great weekend!

Andi said...

Happy Friday! That's an interesting line.

Andi said...

So many books! Lol Happy Friday!!

Kathleen Denly said...

This one is on my TBR. I'm hoping to get to it this fall! Happy Friday!

Paula Shreckhise said...

Mr.-----. I glanced down at my seating chart, heart drumming in my ears. From Playing by Heart by Anne Mateer.


Just won Kara Isaac 's book!

Andrea Stephens said...

Oh, I LOVED that book so much! I've read it 3 times!
My first line is from Anne Love’s “The Gardener’s Daughter” in the Of Rags and Riches romance collection.
Thump, Thump. She could plant herself in a library world such as this one forever.

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Beth Erin said...

I'm looking forward to reading this book!

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...