Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday


Today is week two of Can't Wait Wednesday, joining Wishful Endings in their weekly meme. This week I Can't Wait for The Lost Castle by Kristy Cambron. It doesn't release until February 6, 2018, so I have a while to wait, what's new in the life of a reader. LOL My TBR for 2018 is filling up quick!




About the book:

Launching a brand-new series, Kristy Cambron explores the collision of past and present as she discovers the ruins of a French castle, long lost to history.
A thirteenth century castle, Chateau de Doux Reves, has been forgotten for generations, left to ruin in a storybook forest nestled deep in France's picturesque Loire Valley. It survived a sacking in the French Revolution, was brought back to life and fashioned into a storybook chateau in the Gilded Age, and was eventually felled and deserted after a disastrous fire in the 1930s.
As Ellie Carver sits by her grandmother's bedside, she hears stories of a castle . . . of lost love and a hidden chapel that played host to a secret fight in the World War II French resistance. But her grandmother is quickly slipping into the locked-down world of Alzheimer's, and Ellie must act fast if she wants to uncover the truth of her family's history.
Sparked by the discovery of a long forgotten family heirloom, Ellie embarks on a journey to French wine country to uncover the mystery surrounding The Sleeping Beauty--the castle so named for Charles Perrault's beloved fairy tale--and unearth its secrets before they're finally silenced by time.

Set in three different time periods--the French Revolution, World War II, and present day--The Lost Castle is a story of loves won and lost, of battles waged, and an enchanted castle that inspired the epic fairy tales time left behind. 

What book Can't You Wait for? Tell me in the comments!


AMAZON PRE-ORDER


13 comments:

Gill Edwards said...

Love the sound of this, im a big history fan and would love to find an old heirloom like that.
Gill x

Stephanie @ Bookfever said...

Wow, I really love the sound of this book. It sounds really amazing and mysterious! Adding it to my wishlist right now.

Barb said...

Sounds like a good read. I used to want to live in a castle when I was a kid - a dark, creepy Gothic one. Yea, I was a strange kid - princes for me I wanted monsters! Haha. Great choice and thanks for sharing.

StacyRenee said...

This sounds really intriguing! I love historical fiction but I just don't read enough of it these days! I love that this is set in three different times and has a Sleeping Beauty element. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

Jorie said...

Hallo, Hallo - I am joining this lovely linky blog hop for the first time! I've only posted two #WaitingOnWednesday posts and I *love!* how Tressa has modified her Wednesday showcase in a similar vein as I did myself! How lovely to interact with everyone taking part in this weekly tradition!

A castle! A whispering nod towards Sleeping Beauty *and!* a Suspenseful plot!? I personally ADORE finding Historical plots like these - you get so captured by the historic era your time travelling into and then! you're treated to such an involving plot wherein you feel as caught up in the moment alongside the characters living through it all! I started finding a keen interest in Revolutionary France a few years back - gravitating towards works of #HistFic set during that period of time (either during, shortly before or slight thereafter) - so blessed to have found this blog hop, as now I have one of my first 2018 #MustRead finds! Go me!

lol Isn't this the truth!? For those of us who love disappearing into STORIES, our shelves will always buckle a bit under the stack of lovelies we dearly want to DEVOUR. Not that that's a bad thing... *winks*

Today, I am wicked excited about The Crowns of Croswald I look forward to your visit!

Andi said...

That would be fun, huh?!

Andi said...

I preordered it yesterday during Amazon's prime day. Ms. Cambron talked about this book on her author page on Facebook.

Andi said...

Thanks for stopping by! I think it would be kinda fun to live in a castle. I'm strange too! Lol

Andi said...

Welcome! If you haven't read any of Ms. Cambron's work look up some of her earlier books, they are all great!

Andi said...

Glad you stopped by! I'll check out your post. I promise you will love Ms. Cambron's books. Check out The Illusionist's Apprentice. A take on Houdini.

Sam said...

Oh wow this sounds pretty amazing. I hope it lives up to expectations!

My CWW: https://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/07/cant-wait-wednesday-tower-of-dawn.html

Andi said...

Ms Cambron's books haven't disappointed me yet if anything I've enjoyed the book more than I thought I would.

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres, and The Lost Castle sounds so great :)

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...