Friday, July 21, 2017

First Line Friday #29




It's Friday! The day of the week we all look forward to, at least I do. It seems as though the summer is just flying by! I can't believe this is the third week of July. Before we know it Christmas will be here.

I reviewed this book a few weeks ago, and I loved the way the author portrayed good and evil so I thought I'd tempt you with the first line. You can read my review here.


You can order a copy here

About the book:

An angry teen, a desperate mother, a missing father, and a shadow lurking in the background. Things were going from bad to worse for Nick and his family. But just as he was ready to leave home, he was given the story of his far-off grandfather to readanother angry young man who lived in the shadows, but whose life was changed forever by his encounter with a carpenter who rescued him as he wandered through a first century graveyard. Could that long ago story save Nick as well?









First Line:

"You can't tell me what to do!" Nick freeman thundered past a pile of books at the edge of the living room his stride sending the stack flying as he stormed down the hall.


If you've had an angry teen I'm sure you've heard that before. I have. What is your first line? Leave it in the comments and visit my blogging friends to see their first line.




10 comments:

Fiction Aficionado said...

Still a bit over a year until I have a teen. But where on earth did that time go?!

I'm featuring a new release by Bethany Kaczmarek on my blog this week, but I'm going to post the first line from a book I've been meaning to read for aaaaaages: To Whisper Her Name, by Tamera Alexander.

"First Lieutenant Ridley Adam Cooper peered through the stand of bristled pines, his presence cloaked by dusk, his Winchester cocked and ready."

Becky said...

My first line is from Sweet Delights by Cecelia Dowdy: "PATTY-LYNN?" THE FAMILIAR VOICE made her pause.

Unknown said...

I'm sharing a first line from The Red Door Inn by Liz Johnson. "The change in Marie Carrington's pocket wouldn't pay for a ferry ride across the Northumberland Strait to Prince Edward Island, let alone a bus ticket to anywhere else in the world."

Dinh said...

I like the title of the book :)

My first line:
Prologue
January 25, 1980, midnight
The first execution I attended wasn’t by lethal injection but by Old Sparky. ~A Twist of the Knife by Becky Masterman

Happy Reading!
Dinh @ Arlene's Book Club

englishmysteriesblog said...

Happy Friday!

Trisha said...

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend

Caryl Kane said...

My first line comes from Dime Novel Suitor by Carrie Fancett Pagels. It's part of the Seven Brides for Seven Mail-Order Husbands Romance Collection.

Turtle Springs, Kansas
April 1866

Pa had some kind of nerve, up and dying like that-just when I'd gotten used to Frank being gone.

Beth Erin said...

Interesting cover! Looks like something my kids would go for

Andrea Stephens said...

My first line is from Gabrielle Meyer’s novella found in the Of Rags and Riches Romance Collection
“A Tale of Two Hearts” Little Falls, Minnesota May 20, 1899
The countryside sped by as Elijah Boyer pushed the Duryea Motor Wagon to twenty-five miles per hour.

JaneReads said...

Summer is going by too quickly, I don't want to think Christmas yet.

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...