Saturday, July 22, 2017

Labels . . .Dehumanizing and Demonizing




Labels . . . I'm not talking about those on products at the grocery store, which is where they belong. I'm talking about the labels we as humans give each other, as well as our society . . . black, white, gay, straight, Jew, Christian, blue collar worker, white collar worker, red-neck, white trash, trailer trash, rich, poor, geek, jock, Democrat, Republican...

The list is long and endless, and hurtful. I don't know what I was reading last night, but something struck me and God put his finger in my back and let me know that I should write a blog post about it. Much to people's dislike we are all created in God's image, Genesis 1:27.

So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

Which means we are all the same. No one is better than anyone else contrary to some popular belief. 

We all breathe the same air, bleed red blood, and have feelings. We are not all that different, except in how we were raised, personal beliefs, interests, and desires. I am really tired of the labeling that goes on. It is more of an us vs. them than coming together as humans. We need to stop dehumanizing and demonizing people and treat them like the human beings they are! For me, when I hear someone toss out a label about someone my thoughts are "No, their name is ...." and maybe instead of thinking those thoughts I need to voice them, because I believe the more others see them with a name and not a label maybe just maybe the label will disappear. I can hope, right?!

What are your thoughts?



No comments:

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...