Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday . . . Father's Day Related



I am joining Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday. 

I am a true daddy's girl so I love Father's Day and being able to honor my dad. For this post I'm going to feature favorite dads in books.







Frank Gilbreth in Cheaper by the Dozen. He was a strict time keeper and dad who was completely, and udderly involved with his kids.  

Patrick O'Connor in Hope Undaunted. Katie is growing up and Patrick is the dad she needs not the friend she wants.
Mr. Bennet who raised five daughters in Pride and Prejudice.




 Pa in the Little House series. I loved how Laura talked about Pa playing his fiddle.

Matthew Cuthbert in Anne of Green Gables. He was a sweet "dad" figure to Anne.                                                                        


Atticus Finch.
I read this book to my girls, and I always thought it was sweet how the father and daughter would go looking for owls at night.
















A true example of a father and daughter repairing their relationship.


















I don't have ten today. I had a long day yesterday and my brain is still tired. What are your favorite literary fathers?

Me and my daddy.




9 comments:

Julie Lessman said...

Aw, Andi, you just never stop blessing me, my sweet friend!! Thank you for including on your list the two father stories I've written that are closest to my heart. Especially Isle of Hope, which is the true father-daughter story from my own past as you know, a story that never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

I gotta tell you that the pic of you with your daddy brought a tear to my eye too! What a wonderful and utterly sweet "snapshot" of a dad and his girl!

I can never fully express just how much your support and friendship means to me, Andi, and yes, I'm crying again!! Thus the fate of a weepy CDQ, I'm afraid. ;)

Hugs and more hugs,
Julie

Andi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie @ Stephanie's Novel Fiction said...

These are some great picks! I don't know how I forgot about Pa in The Little House on the Prairie series. I adored those books growing up and have just bought them for my daughter who will be 7 on Saturday so we can start reading them out loud together. Anne of Green Gables is my favorite book series from childhood so excellent choice with Matthew! I really love your picks �� Very nostaligic...

Hopewell said...

Very good choices!

Andi said...

Hi Stephanie. Thanks for stopping by. I love both Pa and Matthew. Since I am adopted Matthew had a lot of the characteristics of my dad and Pa reminded me a lot of my dad too.

Andi said...

Aw Julie, I didn't mean to make you teary. Patrick has to be one of my favorite literary dad's. I love how you see his growth through the series. And Ben I could relate to as I was pretty harsh with a couple years of my girls yet through their adult years we've been able to mend our relationship and have a strong bond. Your friendship and encouragement to this aspiring author means the world to me and I treasure you. Hugs and more hugs!

Lynne Feuerstein said...

Thank you Andi for this wonderful Father's list, Love the fathers you mentioned! (Would just like to add one more,that being Papa from the All of a Kind Family series.) They all stand out and touch my heart in many ways. Especially love the fathers mentioned from Julie Lessman's books! Patrick O'Connor is such a loving,understanding,and sometimes strict dad who as you say grows as the series goes on. Also love how with Ben Carmichael Julie showed you a flawed man who was not beyond redemption and restoring a loving relationship with his daughter.

LH27 said...

Hi! This is such a great list of dads!
My TTT
Leslie

Arwen McGilvra said...

What a sweet picture of you and your dad! Pa from Little House was indeed a great dad.

My TTT: http://books.thetechchef.net/top-ten-tuesday-29/

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...