Friday, June 16, 2017

First Line Friday #24


YAHOO!!!! It's Friday, time for a weekend of reading and celebrating our dads and our husbands!
If you've followed my blog for any length of time you know that Julie Lessman is my absolute favorite author. I fell in love with her writing in 2008 when I read her debut, A Passion Most Pure. I was in the midst of my divorce and her book spoke to me on so many levels. While the book does not deal with divorce it showed me that as a single woman seeking God I could stay pure whether God brought another man into my life or not.
She has a new book releasing in August, His Steadfast Love, book three in her Isle of Hope series, which I am going to feature here today.

AMAZON PRE-ORDER




About the book:

Cat O’Bryen is the prodigal daughter unhappy with God. First, the father with whom she reconciled dies of cancer and now her twin sister and best friend marries, leaving Cat at home with a newlywed mother, her new husband, and a little brother. But when Cat moves in with a roommate of questionable morals, her family is worried, certain she’s on a path that could damage her faith forever.
Reluctant to get involved with a woman like the one who destroyed his life, ex-Navy SEAL Pastor Chase Griffin steers clear of the attraction he feels for Cat O’Bryen. Until her family begs him to take her under his wing, hoping he can draw her back into the fold. But when the draw she has on him proves too strong to resist, he must rely on the strength of God to offer a friendship as steady and strong as the God whose love is wooing her home.





First Line:

Isle of Hope, Georgia, Early Spring

The winds of change are blowing . . . and it's a category five.

Catherine "Cat" O'Bryen plopped her chin in her hand on the linen-clad table, grateful for the low lighting of the candlelit ballroom while she battled another onslaught of tears. 


Quite a line, huh?!?! A true first line that grabs you and propels you to read more. What's your first line this week?? Leave it in the comments and visit my friends to read theirs. As always mark your place and have a great weekend!

With A Joyful Noise  Faithfully Bookish  Bibliophile Reviews 

Reading is my SuperPower  Encouraging Words From the Tea Queen  

A Baker's Perspective Kathy Denly  Fiction Aficionado  

Lauraine's Notes  Bookworm Mama  Robin's Nest  

All the Book Blog Names are Taken  Singing Librarian  Moments Dipped in Ink  

Cafinated Reads  Joy of Reading  CJ Reads










19 comments:

Julie Lessman said...

ANDI!!! You never fail to bless me, my friend, and I will forever be grateful God caused our paths to cross. I appreciate you more than I can say and pray God's abundant blessings on you always!

Hugs and more hugs,
Julie

Becky said...

Happy Friday! My first line is from Karen Krist's new LIH book The Engagement Charade, coming out July 1st (and it's REALLY good!): "Alexander Copeland's one goal in life was to be left alone."

Becky said...

I meant Karen Kirst!

Trisha said...

Sounds like a really good book! I'm currently reading (and loving) All Of You by Sarah Monzon. "Lieutenant Michael "Finch" Carrington pulled up the zipper of his green flight suit and stared at the mass on the opposite rack."

Caryl Kane said...

LOVE JULIE!!!!!

Prologue

RICHMOND, VIRGINIA 1864

Silvery moonlight slanted through the closed shutters, faintly illuminating Caroline Fletcher's bedroom.

Candle in the Darkness (Refiner's Fire Book 1) by Lynn Austin

Happy Friday and Happy Reading!

Amanda Tero said...

"And it's category five" - that is a great description!!

Andi said...

JULIE!!!! I feel the same!! May God continue to bless you as you write for Him!!
Hugs and more hugs!!

Andi said...

I keep hearing about that one. Great first line!

Andi said...

Julie is the best!

Happy Friday!!

Andi said...

It is and believe me it fits it to a TEE!!

Dinh said...

Happy Friday!
My first line is:
“It started with a phone call, deceptively simple and easy to ignore.” ~All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda.

Dinh @Arlene's Book Club

Unknown said...

I'm so ridiculously excited to read Julie Lessman's new book!

I'm starting a novella by Melissa Tagg called "Three Little Words". The first line is "Seven years shouldn't feel like such a gaping span of time."

Jessica Baker said...

I want to be at that beach right now!!n

englishmysteriesblog said...

I haven't read anything by Lessman yet, but I think I have one of her books on my Kindle. Happy Saturday!

Beth Erin said...

I can't wait to read Julie's latest!!!

Unless you get one of those miracles they're always talking about in church, I don't see how you'll be able to keep the business open into spring.
Weaver's Needle by Robin Carroll

Andi said...

Melissa is a favorite too! When you get a copy in August you will not want to put it down.

Andi said...

Me TOOOOO! I'm from Florida, have lived in California, Hawaii, and Virginia Beach. I'm not meant for a non-beach area!!

Andi said...

You need to move that book up on your TBR list!! Once you read one you'll be HOOKED!!

Andi said...

That is an awesome first line! You'll love this one, Beth. Happy weekend!!

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...