Thursday, July 23, 2020

His Encouragement #17





Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 NASB

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
      2A time to give birth and a time to die;
            A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
      3A time to kill and a time to heal;
            A time to tear down and a time to build up.
      4A time to weep and a time to laugh;
            A time to mourn and a time to dance.
      5A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
            A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.
      6A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
            A time to keep and a time to throw away.
      7A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
            A time to be silent and a time to speak.
      8A time to love and a time to hate;
            A time for war and a time for peace.

I read these verses last night and I can't get the song Turn, Turn, Turn by the Byrds out of my head. As you read through each of these verses you can identify with each one. We're all born and we will all die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. 

The word that sticks out to me the most is TIME. Everything is a matter of time. For God time is but mere seconds but for us here on planet earth it seems like an eternity. Especially, when we are going through something difficult, painful, hard, etc. . .  We want it to be over and move on. That's our human nature. Yet, if it was over in a light saber second we wouldn't learn anything or grow. God intends for us to grow and become who God wants us to be. 

I speak from experience here. For the last thirteen years I've desired with all of my being to go back to the time when I was seizure free. That isn't God's plan for me. You might be thinking why wouldn't He want His daughter to be seizure free. I'll tell you why and it took me a long time to accept this. Because I do more good for Him and His kingdom not being seizure free. I have to depend on Him more instead of my own strength, the medication, even my doctor. He wants us completely and utterly dependent on Him and we can't do that very well if everything is peachy. 

I know this doesn't sound fun, growth rarely is, but watching how your dependence on Him increases your faith gives you confidence that you can endure anything life throws at you because the King of Kings has your back and He always will!

Now, it's your turn . . . what scripture has touched your heart this week? Let me know in the comments.

Then go visit my other blogger friends for encouragement.

Trisha @ Joy of Reading

Nicole @ Christian Fiction Girl 

Jacquelyn @ Heavenly Home 

Jessica @ A Baker's Perspective


Gina @ Stories by Gina 

Rebecca @ Rev. Rebecca Writes 

Becca @ The Becca Files

Leslie @ Leslie L. McKee

Claudia @ ByClaudiaMoser        




No comments:

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...