Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thursday Encouragement #5


Happy Fri-YAY, Eve!!! I took last Thursday off to recover from a medical issue. Thankfully, I am feeling better. In thinking about what verse I'd use today I decided on one of my life verses. The first one that came to mind was  Jeremiah 29:11. It became my life verse when I started going through my divorce and has continued to be one I claim even now.


Jeremiah 29:11

11 I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. The Message.

I chose this version because I like the way it's worded. But, I wonder if you've ever thought about doing this with verses that have the personal pronoun YOU in them?

Removing the you and placing your name in it.

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of Andi, not abandon Andi, plans to give Andi the future Andi hopes for.

I've found that when I place my name in the verse(s) become more personal and I believe God is speaking directly to me. A lot of time in our human minds we know God's word is for us yet we may not see it when life is just the worst. By placing our name in the verse, since we know God wrote it for us it becomes ours like He intended it to. 

I'm starting to write these verses down so I can go directly to them when I am needing that boost. And with my name inserted.

Now, it's your turn . . . what verse can you think of where you could insert your name and make it personal? Let me know in the comments. 

Then go visit my friends for more Thursday encouragement.

Trisha @ Joy of Reading

Nicole @ Christian Fiction Girl 

Jacquelyn @ Heavenly Home 

Jessica @ A Baker's Perspective

Becca @ The Becca Files

Gina @ Stories by Gina 

Rebecca @ Rev. Rebecca Writes



2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

My mom used to do this. A few weeks ago, right around the one year anniversary of her passing, I found notecards in her office with verses she was memorizing. Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite verses, and, encouraged by my mom, I would sometimes replace the "you" with my name.

Thank you.

Nicole Santana said...

I love Jeremiah 29:11. It's one of my favorite verses. And I really like personalizing the verse. What a great idea! 🙂❤

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...