Monday, January 14, 2019

Teal Paisley Tights by Barbara Brutt Reviewed









About the book:

Title: Teal Paisley Tights
Author: Barbara Brutt
Publisher: Vinspire Publishing

Life post-graduation was supposed to see the launch of Jadyn’s art career, or at least an art gallery showing one of her watercolor paintings. Instead, this Pittsburgh native is locked into a low-paying consultant position with an impossible boss. When another coworker is fired, Jadyn inherits an extra workload, including the company’s biggest client. If she loses him, she’s fired.
Evicted from her apartment because of a small spending problem, she is forced to move in with her know-it-all sister. While everyone else plans a neat, buttoned-up life for her, Jadyn longs to paint professionally. Stretched like canvas between responsibility and dreams, she must choose.
Will practicality always win?
Amazon || B&N || 




About Barbara Brutt:

I believe words heal. Whether written or read, words have a way of building a bridge from the heart to the mind. I want to explore that.
I’m a 20-something hope-in-progress bent on growing despite the gritty, pot-holed road of adulthood. Jump in the passenger seat and I’ll try to be a good driver!
My work experience includes a smattering of jobs from shop girl to project manager with a healthy dose of nanny and house-cleaner. Basically, I’m your Jane of all trades.
I’ve lived in three countries (USA, Dominican Republic, and Austria), and I’ve visited 17 more countries on top of that. My goal is to visit the world. Shhh! A girl can dream!
Currently, I live a nomadic life so I blog most often in a borrowed space. My most cherished dream (besides traveling the world) is to become a published novelist (I’ve completed a manuscript!).
I rarely turn away ice cream (peanut butter please) and only buy purses that provide room for a book or two (or a kindle).
I’d love to connect on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook. Oh, I Snapchat @piquelar, too! Quick! Go message me your current read!



My Thoughts:

Barbara Brutt's debut book Teal Paisley Tights is the chick lit that I've adored since it became a genre. Jadyn is a hot mess of a heroine, which we can all identify with at some point in time, and so incredibly fun. She is creative and finds a way to turn disasters into something not so horrible.

I liked how she decided to step out of her comfort zone and did what she loved. We all know that family relationships can be tough and Ms. Brutt shows the sister relationship with humor and truth.

The entire book was laugh out loud fun. I found Jadyn's voice sweet and very, very chaotic which fit her actions. And her obsession with her teal paisley tights will make you not only shake your head in amusement but have you thinking about getting a pair.

I received a copy of this book via the publisher in association with Just Read Publicity Tours. I was not required to write a review all thoughts and opinions are my own.






No comments:

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...