Monday, May 21, 2018

Who Or What is Your Truth



Trust is such a small word in our vocabulary, but it carries with it a huge meaning. The Webster's Dictionary defines Trust as . . .

1 a : assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something
b : one in which confidence is placed
2 a : dependence on something future or contingent : hope
b : reliance on future payment for property (such as merchandise) delivered : credit bought furniture on trust
3 a : a property interest held by one person for the benefit of another
b : a combination of firms or corporations formed by a legal agreement; especially : one that reduces or threatens to reduce competition
4 a : care, custody the child committed to her trust
b (1) : a charge or duty imposed in faith or confidence or as a condition of some relationship (2) : something committed or entrusted to one to be used or cared for in the interest of another
c : responsible charge or office
5 archaic : trustworthiness


Assured reliance on the character of someone, one in which confidence is placed, and dependence on someone is in my opinion what happens when we as an individual decide to let someone into our personal space, are vulnerable, our true self. This definitely happens when we marry someone, at least for me it does. It also happens when we

The problem with trust is that it can be broken and when it's broken it cuts, and cuts deep. I don't trust easily anymore. I used to trust so easy I was gullible and very naive. I think a lot of my naivety was because I was raised in church, with parents who kept me and my brother very protected so we stayed pretty innocent. I think my brother saw more junk as he grew up than I did. Which was probably more choice than true exposure.

When the reality of my former husband's betrayal became reality my belief system was really rocked to it's core. I didn't know what was true or what wasn't. For about a year I found out a lie nearly everyday which sounds like a lot, but this was 23 years of marriage that had just ended. It was pretty amazing to me how scriptures on truth, and faith flooded to my mind almost instantly.

John 8:32 And you will know the truth and it will set you free. NLT

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. NIV

Psalm 119:160 All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. NIV

Psalm 145:18 The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. NIV

Camping on verses about His truth, not mine, really helped me see that He is my only truth! It has also helped me to allow Him to choose who I can trust instead of relying on my own feelings whether good or bad. Since our feelings can fluctuate with the weather using them to guide our trust-o-meter isn't a good thing. I can feel as though someone is trustworthy one minute and the next question it. Leaving it up to Him is the best way for me to not be an emotional roller coaster. Dealing with broken trust and betrayal has to be one of the hardest things we deal with as humans but relying on Him and who He says He is and we are makes the junk of this world a lot easier.







No comments:

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...