Thursday, May 17, 2018

First Line Friday - Love's Silver Lining



It's FRIDAY!!!! Yay!!! I've really been looking forward to the weekend and some time to just be and enjoy a good book. How about you?

My dear friend, Julie Lessman has a new book releasing on Saturday, May 19th so I thought I'd feature her upcoming release for First Line Friday.







About the book:

She tampers with his life.
He tampers with her heart.
Love tampers with them both.
Desperate to escape an arranged marriage to a womanizer, twenty-two-year-old Maggie Mullaney flees New York for Virginia City, Nevada with her Aunt Liberty, two spunky suffragists intent on bettering the life of women. Fresh out of nursing school, Maggie hopes to devote herself to serving others rather than just one man, a goal quickly affirmed when she encounters Blaze Donovan, a womanizing cowboy who both riles and rouses her pulse. But when Aunt Liberty’s parent’s house burns down, she and Maggie are coerced into staying at the ranch of Liberty’s ex-husband, Finn McShane, who just happens to be the uncle of the cocky cowboy Maggie had hoped to avoid.
If there’s one thing twenty-nine-year-old Blaze Donovan can’t abide, it’s respectable women who spout piety and prayer, so when he butts heads with perky Maggie Mullaney at St. Mary Louise Hospital, he wants to stay as far away from her as he possibly can. Unfortunately, she now lives in the bedroom next to his in his uncle’s ranch house, a revolting development that sends Blaze to The Ponderosa Saloon more than usual. But when Maggie interferes in Blaze’s life by converting his favorite “disrespectable” girl, Blaze is determined to make her pay. Only problem is—the price HE has to pay may be a little too steep for his heart.



First Line:

Virginia City, Nevada, May 1885

Sweet chorus of angels --- pinch me! Palms to the windowsill, twenty-two-year-old Maggie Mullaney leaned out the back window of St. Mary Louise Hospital's hallway, drinking in the heady scent of freedom and pine.


What's your first line? Leave it in the comments and then go to Hoarding Books for more first line fun.






20 comments:

SusanLovesBooks said...

Happy Friday!😎

My First Line comes from a book I'm reading now, The Ones We Choose by Julie Clark.....

If loneliness were a color, it would be the deep purple of my eight year old's shirt as he walks solitary laps around the school track.

Have a great weekend and happy reading!😊📚📚

Trisha said...

This sounds like it's a great story! I'm going to need to add it to my #TBR! Have a nice weekend!

Becky said...

Julie's books are good!

Happy Friday! My first line is from Robin Mason’s The Silent Song of Winter.

” The sounds of the swamp in winter would scare another person but not me.”

Nicole Santana said...

I really like the cover to that book!

Happy Friday!

Today, I am showcasing Karen Barnett's novel Where the Fire Falls (#2 in her Shadows of the Wilderness series) over on my blog. Here I will share the first lines from chapter 2.

"Clark grunted as he jostled the bags under his arm and clambered up the stairs. At her disposal? First change he got, he'd be setting this little minx straight."

Have a great weekend!

thebeccafiles said...

Happy Friday!
The book I'm sharing this week on my blog is Grace in Strange Disguise but here I'll share from The Calling of Emily Evans by Janette Oke, which is the book I featured for my Memorable Monday post this week: "Emily Evans lifted a slender hand and pushed back a wisp of wayward brown hair." Have a great weekend! :)

Kay Garrett said...

My first line (plus some)
Lou hoisted up her gown and winced as she tottered across the parking lot. The sparkly four-inch heels had looked so pretty in the box, but they felt like mortar and pestle grinding each bone in her foot. She missed her green Crocs.
THE COOINCIDENCE OF COCONUT CAKE
by Amy E. Reichert

englishmysteriesblog said...

I just saw this book...it looks super interesting! Happy Friday!

Beth Erin said...

I'm currently reading Where the Fire Falls by Karen Barnett. Here are the first couple of lines from chapter 10...
"Clark strode into the Glacier Point Hotel. A burning sensation simmered in his gut, like his best campfire stew straight from the pot."

kim hansen said...

I woke from a sleep filled with nightmares to the sound of my name.

Andi said...

Happy Friday!! Sounds like an interesting book!

Andi said...

Yes, you are Trisha!!! Enjoy the Royal Wedding weekend!!

Andi said...

Julie’s books are my favorites!!

Andi said...

I’m reading the first in the series and it’s very good!
I love the second book’s cover!

Andi said...

A Janette Oke classic! I’ve read all of her books. They are so good! Have a great weekend!!

Andi said...

The title is fabulous!! Enjoy your weekend!

Andi said...

The novella was really good.

Andi said...

I’m loving all the sneak peaks into book two since I’m reading book one.

Andi said...

What book is this from? Happy Friday!!

Julie Lessman said...

ANDI!!! I apologize for my delay in response, but my sweet daughter is in town, and we've been super busy having fun!!

BUT THANK YOU for featuring LSL for your First Line Friday -- SO appreciate that AND you, my sweet friend!!

Hope you enjoy it.

HUGS!!
Julie

Andi said...

Hi Julie!! Aw I’m glad you’re spending time with your daughter. It’s always fun when they visit!! I haven’t actually started the book yet, but the opening scene is quite catching.

Hugs!!!

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...