Thursday, April 26, 2018

Storm Front (Montana Rescue #5) by Susan May Warren - Reviewed






About the book:

Title: Storm Front (Montana Rescue #5)
Author: Susan May Warren
Publisher: Revell
Genre: Christian Contemporary, Romance, Suspense

A tornado has destroyed a small Minnesota community and among the missing are not only a group of students but PEAK Rescue team leader Chet King. Ty Remington will stop at nothing to rescue his mentor, not even when the girl he loved--and lost--walks back into his life. But Brette needs his help more than he knows, despite her stubborn determination to push him away. And when he gets a second chance, loving her just might cost him more than he can imagine.
A blogger for Vortex Storm Chasers, Brette Arnold didn't expect her adventures to land her in the same place as Ty, the guy who she walked--no, ran--from over a year ago. She had her reasons--good ones. The kind that tell her that falling for him again would only lead to heartache. But Ty isn't the kind of man to give up--not on the missing students, or on her.
Life and love hang in the balance in Susan May Warren's breathless story of holding on to hope during a deadly summer of storms.
Amazon || Barnes and Noble || CBD || Audible





About Susan May Warren:

I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.
I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.
Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the University of MN, my real writing experience started when I penned the The Warren Report - a bi-monthly newsletter that detailed our ministry highlights.
Living in Russia meant I never lacked for great material - and those experiences naturally spilled out first into devotionals and magazine articles and finally into my first published story, "Measure of a Man," in the Tyndale/HeartQuest, Chance Encounters of the Heart anthology.
Susan and her husband grew up in Wayzata, a suburb of Minneapolis, and became an avid camper from an early age. My favorite fir-lined spot is the north shore of Minnesota - it's where I met my husband, honeymooned and dreamed of living. The north woods easily became the foundation for my first series, The Deep Haven series.based on a little tourist town along the shores of Lake Superior. I have to admit - I'm terribly jealous of Mona, the heroine of my first full-length book, Happily Ever After, a Christy Award Finalist published in 2004 with Tyndale/Heartquest.
Our family moved home from the mission field in June 2004 -- and now we live in the beautiful town I'd always dreamed of! God has amazed me anew with His provision, and blessings -- and allowed me a season when I can write full time for Him.





My Thoughts:

When you open a Susan May Warren book you can count on explosive action, romantic tension, and honest faith that flows through every page like a beautiful ribbon.
Ms. Warren loves her craft, and Jesus which is evident through each word she places on the page, and every character she creates.
Storm Front starts off in a whirlwind, literally. An entire town is obliterated by a tornado and we get a front row seat as the PEAK Team work together to rescue the victims.
While all of the members of the PEAK Team are present in this novel, it mainly focuses on Ty and Brette. They both struggle with faith, and the deception Ms. Warren creates is so real that when she reveals the truth it shines like a beacon in a dark sky.

I felt every emotion imaginable as I read this book, and as with every Susan May Warren novel, I was sad when it came to an end, and want the next book, NOW!

My Bottom Line:
This book is action and faith intersecting from the moment you open the first page. The characters  deal with real life situations, battling their own internal struggles. They learn how to allow God in, but love. I found it encouraging and inspiring watching the characters deal with real life situations, and allow God to be present in their life.
Highly recommended!



Disclaimer: I received an early copy of the book from the publisher, I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.



No comments:

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...