Friday, September 8, 2017

First Line Friday #36


Hoping wherever you are today you are not socked in with smoke, attempting to avoid a hurricane or any other natural disasters. Here in Idaho we are socked in with smoke. We have fires all around us.

As most of you know Julie Lessman is not only a favored author of mine she is also a dear, sweet friend. Grace Like Rain is a novella from her Heart of San Francisco series.





About the book:

He’s everybody’s lovable rogue.
She’s nobody’s fool who hopes to steer clear.
Until a thunderstorm sinks them both into a sea of love.
Blake “The Rake” McClare has a notorious reputation as a womanizer, which is why soft-spoken Patience Peabody carefully avoids the lovable rogue attorney at the law firm in which they both work. Until a rare thunderstorm brings them together in a love soaked with the grace of God ... and sparked with a little lightning of its own.






My dear friend, Julie Lessman is giving away THREE electronic copies of Grace Like Rain. YES! Three of my followers will receive a copy of this book. Just follow this link to the giveaway post.

GIVEAWAY


First line:

San Francisco, February 1905 

Ka-boom! Patience Peabody literally jumped in the air with a squeal, as if goosed by the bolt of lightning that lit up the galley kitchen of McClare, Rupert, and Byington.




Our little group is growing by leaps and bounds. Please welcome Ellie of SprinklesandPink








A Brighter Destiny 




17 comments:

Fiction Aficionado said...

Wow! Explosive opening!

I’m featuring Nicole Deese’s new book, “A New Shade of Summer” on my blog this week, but I’ve FINALLY managed to get around to reading Susan May Warren’s “A Matter of Trust”, and I almost didn’t even want to put it down to do the First Line Friday rounds! But I’ve forced myself to share the first line:

“Gage Watson blamed the trouble on the bright, sunny day.”

Caryl Kane said...

WOWZERS! What an adrenaline rush!

Come to a turable mountain that tried us almost to death to git over it.
-WILLIAM CALK, HIS JURNAL MARCH YE 25TH 1775 SATTERDAY

APRIL 1777

What cannot be cured must be endured. A Moonbow Night by Laura Frantz

Paula Shreckhise said...


My first line is going to be the first paragraph because It is short! It’s from These Healing Hills by Ann Gabhart. And her writing has captured me again!
Francine Howard stepped off the bus into another world. She should have been prepared. She’d studied the Frontier Nursing information until she almost knew it by heart. That should have given her a glimpse into this place.

There are sooo many good quotes to glean from this book and I’m only on page 53!

Trisha said...

Great first line! I can relate! We've had some powerful lightning storms where I live lately. Just yesterday a tree not far from my office was struck by lightning. I posted some pictures of it on Facebook last evening. This sounds like a good story! Thank you for sharing it!

On my blog this week I'm sharing the first line from a book I just finished. The Case of the Clobbered Cad. It was a fun story to read.
I'll share here the first line from a book my son is currently reading.
Tree Tall and the Whiteskins by Shirlee Evans
"Tree Tall crept through the high dew-damp grass along the creek bank. It was early. The sun was not yet over the hill."

Trisha said...

For some reason it isn't allowing me to post a comment on the giveaway post. :(
Can this one count?

Unknown said...

That looks like a good book. I'll have to add it to my tbr pile.

englishmysteriesblog said...

Praying for your safety as you weather the storms.

Becky said...

Happy Friday!!

My first line is from For Such a Moment by Marie Wells Coutu:

“Ellen Nielson scanned the large office, seeking a secret corner where she could escape.”

Andi said...

I know right??
I can't wait to read Nicole's new book. Happy Friday!

Andi said...

Julie is really good at hooking you from the beginning. A Moonbow Night is amazing!

Andi said...

Hi! Happy Friday!!

Andi said...

Hi Trisha! Happy Friday!

Andi said...

Yes, this one will count! Thanks!

Andi said...

So far it is great!

Andi said...

Thanks! Right now we just have smoke from fires in Washington, Montana, Oregon. I have family in Florida so I appreciate your prayers!

Andi said...

Hi Becky!! Happy Friday!!!

Unknown said...

My quote comes from The Pursuit of Lady Harriet by Rachel Anderson. This is book #3 in series. I highly recommend all three novels!

"'How dreadful it would be to live on one's own permanently,' Lady Harriet Cavendish said to no one in particular as she walked through a thick grove of pines in Askern, Yorkshire."

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...