Friday, August 18, 2017

First Line Friday #33




I won't be around much today as my daughter flew in from California last night and I am looking forward to a weekend with my daughters and my grand-babies. Today I am going to feature The Enoch Effect by Rick Acker. I won a copy of this book and am a huge fan of legal fiction and I hope to move this up on my TBR list soon.


About the book:

Insurance litigator Leigh Collins has a knack for turning up that missing e-mail that wins the day or breaking down complex facts to sway a jury. So she’s hoping to make partner with her latest case: cancer researcher Dr. Elijah Rhodes and his life’s work are lost in a lab fire, and Biosolutions looks to cash in on a $100 million policy. Unfortunately, she’s up against Daniel Rubinelli, assistant general counsel for the biotech giant, who has a personal vendetta against cancer. In court, Leigh and Daniel clash from the beginning, ensuring a grueling case.
But soon greater concerns emerge. The late doctor might have found a “kill switch” for cancer cells—potentially wiping cancer off the face of the earth. While most of his findings were lost in the fire, he likely backed up his data, though encrypted beyond recovery.
Now, in this edge-of-your-seat thriller, two contentious lawyers must set aside their differences to locate the research before the doctor’s greatest discovery falls into the wrong hands…and the
                                                      secret to life ends in death.


First Line:

Prologue

February

Silence filled the lab, interrupted only by faint electronic murmurs from scientific equipment lining the walls.

Chapter 1

May

Leigh Collins loved her job. She loved finding the case-winning e-mail that the other side had missed.


I'll try to answer your comments, can't promise anything. So, please leave your first line in the comments and visit my blogging friends to see their first line.






3 comments:

Fiction Aficionado said...

Enjoy your weekend, Andi!

I've got the first line from "Chasing Secrets" by Lynette Eason on the blog today, but I've just finished reading "A Rose So Fair" by Myra Johnson, so I'm going to share the first line from that here:

"Now just you hold it right there, mister." Rose Linwood sighted her unwelcome visitor down the length of Grandpa's trusty Winchester.

She's a spunky one!

Becky said...

Happy Friday! My first line is from An Alaskan Christmas by Belle Calhoune: “Finn O’Rourke paced back and forth in terminal 27A of the Anchorage airport.”

Unknown said...

Happy Friday! This looks like a fantastic book!

I'm featuring Healing Love by Jennifer Slattery on my blog today, but I'm currently reading A Name Unknown by Roseanna M. White.

"London
1914

Rosemary Gresham may have been a thief, but she was a thief who preferred to work in broad daylight."

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...