Friday, February 28, 2020

First Line Friday - Featuring Still; 7 Ways to Find Calm In The Chaos by Jenny L. Donnelly



Happy FRI-YAY!!!! We've made it to the weekend and we're just one day away from March!!! Which means Spring is on it's way, and then my favorite season of all SUMMER!!! 

I don't usually read or feature non-fiction or self-help books, mainly because I just don't like them. I feel like I'm back in college with an assigned list of must reads. Haha!

My word for the year is Rest. Something I am not very good at. I saw the book Still; 7 Ways To Find Calm in Chaos on Revell Publishing's website and it caught my eye and I thought I'd give it a try. It's wonderful and I will be re-reading it often. If you're looking for a great read to help you find calm with a biblical basis, this is your book.







First Line: 

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I starred at an enormous pile of hangers tangled up on the floor . . . and began to cry. A week earlier, I had purged a bunch of clothes from my closet. 

The title of chapter 1 is TANGLED. 



About the book:


Do you worry a lot? Is it common for you to dread upcoming events? Does pressure or stress trigger outbursts of anger, isolation, depression, or feelings of failure? Do you have a hard time finishing what you start? Do you find it impossible to work in the middle of chaos? Do you wonder if God is really going to come through for you in difficult times?

In Still, Jenny Donnelly teaches you how to experience true, life-giving rest even in the midst of chaos. While most of us think of rest as something we do, Jenny shares how rest is a place from which we live and work. Sharing her own personal story of struggling with life's pressures and spiritual exhaustion, she introduces you to the source of peace and rest: Jesus. She shows you the steps to take to access rest anytime, anyplace, under any conditions. And she reveals how operating from a place of stillness powers your identity, creativity, relationships, and so much more.

If you've been stressed and anxious, operating on autopilot as life whizzes by, it's time you discovered the resting place God designed for you.


Amazon || Goodreads  



You can find Jenny Donnelly at her Facebook Author Page


Now, it's your turn . . . 

What are you reading? Open the book nearest you and post the first line in the comments. Then for some more first line fun go to Hoarding Books to read their first line and see other first line participants. 




4 comments:

Paula Shreckhise said...

My first line is from The Land Beneath Us by Sarah Sundin
Camp Forrest, Tullahoma, Tennessee. Friday, June 11, 1943
Most men woke in a cold sweat when they dreamed of their own deaths, but not Private Clay Paxton.

Jolene said...

Happy Friday! Today, I'm sharing the first line from Isaiah's Legacy by Mesu Andrews: "I am Shebna. Small in stature, weak in body, strong of mind. A Levite."

https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2020/02/first-line-fridays-isaiahs-legacy-by.html

Becky said...

Happy Weekend! My first line (actually 2 lines) is from "Draw Me to Your Side" by Marguerite Martin Gray:

"Closing her eyes for a brief respite, Elizabeth dozed in the afternoon sun peeking through the frosty windowpanes. The image of a coiled, ferocious rattlesnake fought its way behind eyelids seemingly glued together."

Unknown said...

Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

Over 160000 women and men are losing weight with a easy and secret "liquid hack" to drop 2 lbs every night as they sleep.

It is proven and it works all the time.

This is how to do it yourself:

1) Go grab a drinking glass and fill it with water half full

2) And then use this crazy HACK

and be 2 lbs skinnier in the morning!

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...