Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday - Inspirational Spooky Reads



Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Today's topic is a Halloween Freebie. Normally, when we think of spooky, creepy reads Stephen King comes to mind but there are actually some fabulous spooky, creepy reads in Inspirational fiction.





http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/covers/9781400074563.gif
   
I read this book in 2009 and it continues to stick with me. Susan Meissner writes a historical time slip novel that is both present day and the 1600's. It gives a huge eye opener to the Salem Witch Trial period.

     














Ted Dekker is known for books that have a supernatural element to them but in this book he teams up with his daughter and the spooky level is heightened.
















This book by Siri Mitchell isn't so much creepy and spooky as it is real. The scary part about this book is how well the truth is perceived as a lie and a lie is perceived as the truth. 
















I haven't read this book yet, but I've been hearing loads about it and the different layers within the story. Especially, the old mansion that is in the story and dreams that become nightmares. 
















Like Ted Dekker, Tosca Lee has a element of supernatural within the story and this book has it in spades. If you haven't read it you definitely need to!

















I just got this book and the back cover copy is beyond freaky but one that is doable. I'm not one that likes to be scared out of my wits but I enjoy the thrill of being scared a little.


















Mike Dellosso has studied Frank Peretti well because this book has the same feel as any of Peretti's books.


















If you need a reason to know why prayer is the biggest weapon we as believer's have you must read this book!



















Not a spooky read in the least but a definite fun one!




















I adore this book! It was a gift to my children and I must of read it hundreds of times to them. The beauty of this book is that it shows God's love for us and the message of salvation.











Even though I haven't read two of the books listed these books are all inspirational and clean.

Now, it's your turn . . . what book's are your Halloween favorites? Tell me in the comments.













2 comments:

Melissa W said...

I don't like scary books but a few of these look like something I could handle!

Kelly Rodriguez said...

The Line Between looks do good.

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...