Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A Sparkle of Silver (Georgia Coast Romance #1) by Liz Johnson









About the book:

Title: A Sparkle of Silver
Author: Liz Johnson
Publisher: Revell
Pre-Order Amazon, Barnes and Noble

Ninety years ago, Millie Sullivan's great-grandmother was a guest at oil tycoon Howard Dawkins' palatial estate on the shore of St. Simons Island, Georgia. Now, Millie plays a 1920s-era guest during tours of the same manor. But when her grandmother suggests that there is a lost diary containing the location of a hidden treasure on the estate, along with the true identity of Millie's great-grandfather, Millie sets out to find the truth of her heritage--and the fortune that might be hers. When security guard Ben Thornton discovers her snooping in the estate's private library, he threatens to have her fired. But her story seems almost too ludicrous to be fiction, and her offer to split the treasure is too tempting to pass up . . .

Get ready for a romantic escapade through dark halls and dusty corners that will have you holding your breath and sighing with delight as two charming characters get caught up in the adventure of uncovering the past and finding their way to an unexpected future.






About Liz Johnson:

By day Liz Johnson is a marketing manager. She makes time to write late at night—that’s when she thinks best anyway. Liz is the author of more than a dozen novels, a New York Times bestselling novella, and a handful of short stories. She’s a Christy Award finalist and a two-time ACFW Carol Award finalist. She makes her home in Phoenix, Arizona, where she enjoys exploring local music, theater, and doting on her nieces and nephews. She writes stories of true love filled with heart, humor, and happily ever afters.

                                                      Website || Twitter || Facebook 



My Thoughts:

This is my first book of Liz Johnson's that I've read and I'm wondering why it took me so long.
And I'm so glad I started with the beginning of her new series. This book is a treasure trove of history, mystery, romance, and the beautiful Chateau Dawkins.

I enjoyed roaming and hiding around the Chateau with Millie and Ben. Which were both fun and suspenseful.
I've been journaling since I was a teen so I was particularly drawn to each of the diary entries. I  just said to my daughter the other day I wonder what my children, and grandchildren will think of my journals that is if I don't burn them first.

Having had two grandparents die from Alzheimer's my heart ached for what Millie was going through as she cared for Grandma Joy.

I found the characters real, and believable. The story was engaging, full of both history and present time, there is even family drama which will appeal to contemporary romance readers.

This is a home run as far as I'm concerned. I highly recommend it!



Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author as a member of her launch team. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.





No comments:

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...