Monday, July 23, 2018

Warm Fuzzy's The Sweetest of Memories



What are some of your sweet memories? Do they involve books? Today for Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is books with sensory reading memories.

For me some of my warm fuzzy, sweetest memories are when I read to my kids, and now my grand-kids.  I was blessed to be a stay at home mom, and homeschool my girls for seven years. I spent a lot of time reading to them. I asked one of my girls what books do you remember me reading to you besides Where the Red Fern Grows. Her answer, I don't know, you read to us all the time. That answer in itself gives me warm fuzzy's! I'm so happy that my reading to them is a memory that can be pulled right off the top of her head.


 After I read Charlotte's Web my two older daughter's wouldn't eat bacon or pork chops for awhile. It was pretty funny to watch them pay attention at the grocery store to make sure I didn't buy pork chops or bacon.
This was the first book I read to each of my daughter's and I read it to two of my granddaughter's. I could probably still quote it.

This is a beautiful book about how teasing can affect the person doing the teasing if they don't get a chance to apologize. 

This was the first chapter book my daughter, Stefani read to me.

If you have not read Stone Soup it is a must read! I didn't read it as a child. It's a quirky book and I can still hear my daughter's laughter as I read it to them.

This was a staple bedtime story. I read it most nights and as they got stronger readers they'd read parts of it when we read it at night. 

I read the entire series to my daughter's more than once. Now, my granddaughter is reading the series. Their faces as the world of Narnia came alive was priceless and unforgettable. 

For my daughter, Kristian this was her favorite book for me to read to her at bedtime. And she couldn't wait until she could read it for herself.

This book started out with me reading to them, until my daughter, Stefani decided she'd read it aloud to her younger sisters. It then became her silent reading and I can still hear her giggling as she read it.











My daughter Kassandra fell in love with this story. I'm not even sure I read the book out loud. I think I started reading it and then she wanted to read it for her silent reading time so another book was chosen for aloud reading. I'm not even sure how many times she's read it now.


When my teacher read this aloud after lunch in the fifth grade I bawled when it ended.














Do any of the books on my list spark a warm fuzzy sweet memory for you? Let me know in the comments.



4 comments:

MeezCarrie said...

what a great treasure of books you read to them! lol love how they didn't want to eat pork :-P

Andi said...

And these are the only ones I remember. Lol
I was tickled that Kassi said “I don’t know mom, you read to us all the time.” Stefani and Kassi were determined to not eat pork for a good 6 months. 😜

Rissi said...

Aww! So cute. I love that you feature books you read with your kids. I read the Love Comes Softly books with my family (we'd take turns reading) and because of that, they hold fond memories for me. :)

Andi said...

Thanks! My mom got me the Love Comes Softly series when I was a teen. She brought them home from a Women’s Retreat. I loved reading with them and watching how the stories came alive for them. I wish I could read to my grandkids like that.

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...