Thursday, January 4, 2018

Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue #4) by Susan May Warren Reviewed



I can't believe we are only four days into 2018 and I am writing my second review. Either I am finding more time to read, or I'm incorporating speed reading techniques I learned in high school. Either way, I'm pretty excited that I'm writing my second review of 2018.


About the book:

Billionaire Ian Shaw can have everything he wants--except a happy ending. Or at least that's what it feels like with his fortune recently liquidated, his niece, Esme, still missing, and the woman he loves refusing to speak to him. In fact, he doubts she would date him even if they were stranded on a deserted island.
Despite her love for Ian, Sierra Rose knows he has no room in his life for her as long as the mystery of his missing niece goes unsolved. The only problem is, Sierra has solved it, but a promise to Esme to keep her whereabouts secret has made it impossible to be around Ian.
When the PEAK chopper is damaged and Sierra lacks the funds to repair it, Ian offers a fundraising junket for large donors on his yacht in the Caribbean. But the three-day excursion turns into a nightmare when a rogue wave cripples the yacht and sends the passengers overboard. Shaken up and soaked to the bone, Ian finally has a chance to test his theory when he and Sierra do indeed find themselves washed up on a strange, empty shore.
It will take guts and gumption for the PEAK team to rescue the duo. But it will take a miracle to rescue Ian and Sierra's relationship.


About Susan May Warren

I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.
I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.
Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the University of MN, my real writing experience started when I penned the The Warren Report - a bi-monthly newsletter that detailed our ministry highlights.
Living in Russia meant I never lacked for great material - and those experiences naturally spilled out first into devotionals and magazine articles and finally into my first published story, "Measure of a Man," in the Tyndale/HeartQuest, Chance Encounters of the Heart anthology.
Susan and husbandI grew up in Wayzata, a suburb of Minneapolis, and became an avid camper from an early age. My favorite fir-lined spot is the north shore of Minnesota - it's where I met my husband, honeymooned and dreamed of living. The north woods easily became the foundation for my first series, The Deep Haven series.based on a little tourist town along the shores of Lake Superior. I have to admit - I'm terribly jealous of Mona, the heroine of my first full-length book, Happily Ever After, a Christy Award Finalist published in 2004 with Tyndale/Heartquest.
Our family moved home from the mission field in June 2004 -- and now we live in the beautiful town I'd always dreamed of! God has amazed me anew with His provision, and blessings -- and allowed me a season when I can write full time for Him.
I 'm delighted you've stopped in to visit. My hope is that you'll be blessed and encouraged by soul-stirring stories of regular people interacting with a God who loves them.
I'd love to hear from you! I love getting mail, especially from readers and I welcome your questions and comments. Write to me at susan@susanmaywarren.com. And, if you're interested, sign up for my newsletter, a quarterly sneak peek into upcoming releases and projects. Thank you for your interest and support.
God Bless and Happy Reading!
In His Grip,
Susan May Warren



My Thoughts:

Yes! Finally, Ian and Sierra have a story! We've seen bits and pieces of their story in the other books, but now it is their turn, and what a turn they have! I hate to say this is my favorite book of the series, because there are still two more books to come, but the adrenaline ride in this book was better than sleep, and if you know me you know that I love my sleep.

Ms. Warren knows how to ramp up the drama, suspense, romance, which keeps you reading, and barely breathing. Besides her ability to ramp everything up, she pours so much heart into her stories that you can't not care about the characters. She is great at highlighting the supporting characters giving a sneak peek at where the next story may go. I love the way she adds the spiritual element. In this book it was very apparent that the need for God and faith was very real.

I have enjoyed this series, and I will be acquiring all of the books, just so I can go from one book to the next. Plus, I think my husband will enjoy them, which is a perfect excuse to purchase them.
I am a huge fan of Susan May Warren. One of my favorite series' of hers before reading this one is her Daughter's of Fortune, she is a versatile author and one I look forward to read. I highly recommend this book. While it could be read as a stand alone, I'd definitely start with the first book in the series.



1 comment:

Cafinated-Reads Molly said...

I just finished reading this book the other and have to agree with you. It's definitely a great read and I am looking forward to the other books to come.

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...