Monday, January 1, 2018

A Mother for His Family by Susanne Dietze - Reviewed



It's January 1st and I am already writing my first review of 2018. I started this book in December, but since it releases tomorrow I need to get the review written. I'm attempting this with the Rose Bowl playing in the background. I'm a glutton for punishment. LOL






About the book:

A Convenient Arrangement
Lady Helena Stanhope’s reputation is in tatters…and she’s lost any hope for a “respectable” ton marriage. An arranged union is the only solution. But once Helena weds formidable Scottish widower John Gordon, Lord Ardoch, and encounters his four mischievous children, she’s determined to help her new, ever-surprising family. Even if she’s sure love is too much to ask for.
All John needs is someone to mother his admittedly unruly brood. He never imagined that beautiful Lady Helena would be a woman of irresistible spirit, caring and warmth. Or that facing down their pasts would give them so much in common. Now, as danger threatens, John will do whatever it takes to convince Helena their future together—and his love—are for always.








About Susanne Dietze:

Susanne Dietze began writing love stories in high school, casting her friends in the starring roles. Today, she's the author of several historical romances who's seen her work on the ECPA and Publisher's Weekly Bestseller Lists for Inspirational Fiction. Married to a pastor and the mom of two, Susanne lives in California and loves fancy-schmancy tea parties, the beach, and curling up on the couch with a costume drama and a plate of nachos. You can visit her on her website, www.susannedietze.com.



My Thoughts:

Does our past always dictate our future? Are we ever totally forgiven and accepted?

These are just two questions Ms. Dietze answers through her characters in her new book. This is just the second book of hers that I have read and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Her characters are both believable and endearing. I adore books with kids in them and she nails the children and their antics perfectly. John, is a swoony hero. He is kind, handsome, and honest, a swoony trifecta. Helena is a mess of a heroine. Her self-worth is in the ditch, or ha-ha as it is called, and she doesn't believe she is worthy of forgiveness. Watching her struggle was painful, being able to see John be a true hero for her made it worthwhile. 

I definitely recommend this book!




Disclaimer:
I received a copy of this book from Susanne Dietze in exchange for a review I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Susanne Dietze said...

Andi, thank you so much for your lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book.

Blessings!

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...