Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday . . . Books I Want My Grand-Kids to Read

I've missed a few top ten Tuesday's, sorry about that. I was a little under the weather. I am finally feeling back to myself.

This week's Broke and Bookish top ten Tuesday meme is books I want my kids, or niece and nephews to read. My kids are all grown and gone, and my niece and nephews are adults too and definitely ask for recommendations. I decided I'd focus on books I would want my grand-kids to read.
They range in age from 22 months to thirteen, so this should be fun.

For the younger ones, Olivia and Xander, I would want them to read Goodnight Moon, The Very Hungry Caterpillar,  and definitely Green Eggs and Ham.

Our school age kiddos, Isabella, Lily, Savannah, and Kalea, all or any of the Ramona books by Beverly Clearly, Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish, Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder, The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.

For our school age boy, Jackson, any or all of Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel, all of the Dr. Seuss books.

Our middle age kiddos, James, Chance, Nalani, there are so many, and two of these kiddos are huge readers. Definitely The Chronicles of Narnia, The Bridge to Terabithia, The Indian in the Cupboard,  series, Behind the Attic Wall.

For all, I'd say Pocahontas: True Princess, The Black Stallion, The Girl of the Limberlost, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and The Book Thief.

I could go on and on, but I thought I better cut off the list now. The hard part about being a bookworm.

I'd love to hear what books you want your kids, nieces, nephews, or grandchildren to read. Please tell me in the comments!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

3 comments:

Cafinated-Reads Molly said...

Great choices! There are a few there that I would choose too :)

Andi said...

Thanks! It was fun looking back at all the friends I’d made as a kid. :)

Unknown said...

I loved this trip down memory land. I would love for grandkids to read some of these books. Thank you so much!

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...