Friday, September 1, 2017

First Line Friday #35


 I can NOT, believe this is the first Friday in September! Where did summer go? I'm sure my grand-kids are thinking the same thing. I am looking forward to colorful leaves, and football!!! College football kicks off tomorrow! YES!!!! Go Gators!


Today I am featuring a book by my friend Angela Ruth Strong. I was able to meet her in person and actually brainstorm together a book I am writing.







About the book:

THREAT OF EXPOSURE
Framed for a sabotaged military operation, Preston Tyler has allowed everyone to believe he's deaduntil he witnesses someone planting a bomb in his childhood sweetheart's cabin. To save Holly Fontaine's life, he must blow his cover. Holly is shakenboth by the explosion and the sudden appearance of a man she thought she'd lost forever. But their reunion is short-lived when the bomb planter returns, forcing their escape into Lake Tahoe's wilderness. As they struggle to survive, memories of their shared past reignite old feelings. Holly refuses to lose Preston again, but with their pursuer closing in, will the ultimate betrayal tear them apart for good?







First Line:

Preston Tyler lowered his feet from the deck railing and leaned forward as his gaze followed the Jeep pulling up next to the Fontaines' cabin across the lake.


What's your first line? After you leave it in the comments visit my other blogging friends and see what their first line is.







Please welcome Alicia from A Brighter Destiny to our ever growing little group.




8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's an intriguing first line. I'm always looking for a fun mystery & suspense novel to read. This looks like something I'd enjoy. Thanks for sharing Andi!

I’m sharing about “The Day the Angels Fell” by Shawn Smucker on my blog today, but I’m going to share the first line from the book I’m currently reading, “Under Fire” by Linda Shenton Matchell.

“Ruth Brown swiped the perspiration beads off her upper lip as her’s sister’s vacant coffin dropped into the ground with a dull thud.”

Becky said...

I LOVED that book!

Happy Friday! My first line (sorry but actually two lines) is from Outlaw Angel by Miralee Ferrell:

"Angel Ramirez woke with a start, her heart pounding a rolling beat in her chest. Someone was in her room."

Amanda Tero said...

I'm hoping to read a Love Inspired Suspense someday. :)

My first line is coming from the next book I'm hoping to read (okay, honest truth, I've already started it but have set it aside a week or two).
"Joyanna Shein glanced at her parents. She knew there was something wrong...there had been something wrong for days."
A Question of Honor, by Jesseca Wheaton

Andi said...

I got that one in the mail this week. Hoping to read it soon!

Andi said...

Welcome Rebecca! Have a great weekend!

Andi said...

Good to know! I'm sure Angela will be happy to hear that! Happy Friday!!

Andi said...

Hopefully I'll get to this one soon! Happy Friday!

Cafinated-Reads Molly said...

Definitely going to have to add this to my ever growing TBR list! Love the cover and the first line both!

Shelterwood by Lisa Wingate Reviewed

About the book: Title: Shelterwood Author: Lisa Wingate  Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Dual-Time Oklahoma, 1909 . Eleven-year-old Oli...