Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Redeeming Grace by Jill Eileen Smith Reviewed

About the book:

When famine visits Bethlehem, Boaz holds out hope for rain while his relative Elimelech moves his wife Naomi and their sons to Moab. For a while, it appears the Lord is blessing Elimelech's family, and his sons marry two lovely Moabite women. But calamities strike, one after another, leaving Naomi alone in a foreign land with only her childless daughters-in-law for comfort. When news reaches Naomi that the famine in Bethlehem has lifted, only Ruth will hazard the journey to her mother-in-law's homeland. Destitute and downhearted, Naomi resigns herself to a life of bitter poverty, but Ruth holds out hope for a better future. And Boaz may be the one God has chosen to provide it.







About Jill:

Jill Eileen Smith is the author of The Prophetess, the bestselling The Crimson Cord and the Wives of King David series, along with the Wives of the Patriarchs, Daughters of the Promised Land, and The Loves of King Solomon series. Her research has taken her from the Bible to Israel, and she particularly enjoys learning how women lived in Old Testament times.

When she isn’t writing, she loves to spend time with her family and friends, read stories that take her away, ride her bike to the park, snag date nights with her hubby, try out new restaurants, or play with her lovable, “helpful” cat Tiger. Jill lives with her family in 
southeast Michigan.                   

Contact Jill through email (jill@jilleileensmith.com), her website (http://www.jilleileensmith.com), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/jilleileensmith), or Twitter (https://twitter.com/JillEileenSmith). She loves to hear from her readers.





My Thoughts:


The story of Ruth has to be one of the most well known stories in the Bible. In doing Kaye Arthur's precept Bible study My Kinsman Redeemer my eyes where opened not only to what Boaz was to Ruth, but how Jesus is our Kinsman Redeemer.
With Jill's beautiful storytelling and her impeccable research she brings richness to the time and place of Israel. She uses both real and fictional characters to breathe life into the story of Ruth. You can smell the grain, and feel the stone of the pestle in your hand.
I admire how Jill takes a small story in the Bible, using her imagination writes a full-length novel out of it.
I highly recommend this book.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to reading this book!

Caryl Kane said...

Beautiful review! I love Biblical fiction. I'm excited to read this one. :)

Cafinated-Reads Molly said...

I have read Ms. Smith's work in the past and have loved it! She is who I turn to for well written and beautiful Biblical fiction! This one is on my Wish List! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm a new follower.

Andi said...

You will love it!

Andi said...

Thanks, Caryl! Jill introduced me to biblical fiction and I love it.

Andi said...

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I hope you find encouragement for your heart in my posts. I hope you get to read it soon.

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...