Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Ah the Memories! The Colonel's Lady by Laura Frantz

In celebrating my ten years of blogging I am digging through my blogging archives and revisiting old friends.

The Colonel's Lady was the second book I read by Laura and I absolutely adored it. I remember feeling as though I was right there in the middle of all the action.

Book Description:

Can love survive the secrets kept buried within a tormented heart?

Roxanna Rowan may be a genteel Virginia woman, but she is determined to brave the wilds of the untamed frontier to reach a remote Kentucky fort. Eager to reunite with her father, who serves under Colonel Cassius McLinn, Roxanna is devastated to find that her father has been killed on a campaign.

Penniless and out of options, Roxanna is forced to remain at the fort. As she spends more and more time with the fiery Colonel McLinn, the fort is abuzz with intrigue and innuendo. Can Roxanna truly know who the colonel is--and what he's done?

Immerse yourself in this powerful story of love, faith, and forgiveness set in the tumultuous world of the frontier in 1779.


Here is the video that Revell made with Laura about this book.





Here is my review of this book, from August 2011


My Thoughts: This is one of those books that stays with you even when you close the book. I felt as though I was right there in the fort, experiencing everything right along with Roxanna. Roxanna may have been a "genteel" woman however she is definitely her father's daughter. When she needed to stand up and get things done she did.
Don't forget to tuck this one your bag for your Labor Day get away. I highly recommend it! I give this book a lighthouse and shine a light on it for pointing a path to God!

If you haven't had a chance to read this book by Laura you need to grab a copy!




1 comment:

Laura Frantz said...

Bless you, Andi, & great timing as TCL just released in audio via Amazon Audible! 📚🎈🎉❣️

First Line Friday Featuring Riot (A Breed Apart: Legacy #3) by Ronie Kendig and JJ Samie Myles

  Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend!!! Today I am featuring one of my favorite authors, Ronie Kendig. I loved A Breed Apart series and I...